cracked heels ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ticen rustem

Reaction score
had a client today for a pedicure, but she had very bad cracked heels:eek: done my best to remove as much as i could but they still looked cracked :eek: they certainly were smoother and softer . Any advice ?

had a client today for a pedicure, but she had very bad cracked heels:eek: done my best to remove as much as i could but they still looked cracked :eek: they certainly were smoother and softer . Any advice ?

regular home care ie moisturising....a good product to use is CREATIVE cucumber heel therapy.

I have clients who have chriropidist come and remove it with a BLADE:eek: and love it ..most peeps have a bit of a build up but cRACKED (even Yellow) heels take a LOT of TLC !

The general thought is SMOOTH DONT REMOVE !

AMb x

I always use the foot file before they put their feet in water as you get rid of so much more dry skin. Once it's wet, all you do is push it back and forth with the file.

Also as a boost to your profits do a course of 6 pedicures with a buy 5 get one free, and recommend a weekly pedicure routine, resulting in you getting money from 5pedicures and your client having well groomed feet. One of the girls at my salon is trained to use the blade and clients love it :) but its veryyyy dangerous if used without training as is everything else.

I always use the foot file before they put their feet in water as you get rid of so much more dry skin. Once it's wet, all you do is push it back and forth with the file.
Yes this is what I do as well,Obviously sanitise first,OPI do a fantastic foot file,best I have ever used.

Heated booties,foot masks help,good homecare is a must though.I tell my clients to soak feet then smother moisturiser then wrap in cling film,place feet on top of towel covered hot water bottle,and let the heat do the work.Really works a treat,

Australian bodycare do an excellent foot cream.Avoiding walking in open backed shoes helps as well,as soon as I wear flip flops my heels start drying out.HTH

p.s I never use a blade and was told only a chirpodist is allowed to use one as we are NOT medically qualified and shouldn't use them.I dont see the need to use one tbh.

Keep going with the pedicures but if her heels where extremley bad I would refer her to a doctor as this is one side effect of diabetes. x x Long shot but best to check x x

Keep going with the pedicures but if her heels where extremley bad I would refer her to a doctor as this is one side effect of diabetes. x x Long shot but best to check x x
I didn't know that. Interesting. Thanks. xxx

Thanks guys for all advice she has booked her next pedicure for next week. may be should offer discount price for a package .But to remove hard skin before soaking in spa first is a NO for me i need to make sure feet are nice and clean first.

:eek: Passion killer alert :lol:

When my heels are really dry I lather my feet in Cucumber Heel therapy ( my fave :green: ) put some bed socks on and in the am they feel so much better:green:

BTW I use Cucumber Heel therapy on my hands as well - especially when I am gardening - it keeps my leather gloves nice and soft/pliable :green: :lol: :green:

I suffer from extremely dry cracked heels, occasionally I go to a chiropodist to have it removed.

But I find that a foot file and the special cracked heel remedy's work best for me, it must be done at least once a day and as Deb said put socks on when you have done it or slippers.

It took me two trips to casualty with torn ligaments in my ankle's before I clicked that I had slipped over because of the cream:lol: :lol:

when i was trained my tutor done a demo for us on a client who had really bad cracked heels

she used mr pumice callus terminator, it worked a treat

When my heels are really dry I lather my feet in Cucumber Heel therapy ( my fave :green: ) put some bed socks on and in the am they feel so much better:green:

Same here.............I honestly don't think there is a better product for sorting out cracked heels. I have done the sock treatment once this week and then followed up with a smaller amount of Cucumber Heel Therapy on my heels every night.....and now you would never think my feet had been in boots all winter and totally neglected.
This would be a great product to retail to your client as she can then carry on your good work at home with it.

I obviously totally agree with everyone who does not slice this skin off....smooth not remove is the way to do it.

I suffer from extremely dry cracked heels, occasionally I go to a chiropodist to have it removed.

But I find that a foot file and the special cracked heel remedy's work best for me, it must be done at least once a day and as Deb said put socks on when you have done it or slippers.

It took me two trips to casualty with torn ligaments in my ankle's before I clicked that I had slipped over because of the cream:lol: :lol:

I'm sorry but this just made me laugh out loud:green::green::green:

I suffered with really bad dry and cracked heels up until recently when I startd useing Bio Oil on my feet. I use the Body Shop Footfile, which is like a really wide nail file on my dry heels, then put a couple of drops of the bio oil in the palm of my hand and rub it in to the heel.

After just a single treatment, no cracks and smooth supple skin. I do it 3 times a week now, just to keep it going, and (even if I do say so myself) my heels are beautiful!

xxx sugar xxx

I suffered with really bad dry and cracked heels up until recently when I startd useing Bio Oil on my feet. I use the Body Shop Footfile, which is like a really wide nail file on my dry heels, then put a couple of drops of the bio oil in the palm of my hand and rub it in to the heel.

After just a single treatment, no cracks and smooth supple skin. I do it 3 times a week now, just to keep it going, and (even if I do say so myself) my heels are beautiful!

xxx sugar xxx
sounds good, will try that one.

I was wondering.....
Aside from the obvious of regular care and moisturizing....etc
Does wearing socks and/or slippers make a difference in avoiding getting a cracked heel to begin with?

I ask this because I HATE going bare foot. I must have at least sandals or slippers or shoes on. I don't even walk around in stocking'd feet.
And I have soft heels.

And I know a few people who never wear slippers, constantly going about barefoot....and their heels are horrendous.
I wonder if since the heels aren't 'cushioned' by slippers or shoes, if that makes it worse? Since the skin is not protected.....

Would advising people to not go barefoot make a difference? Would it help?
Kind of like if you don't wear gloves while doing hard work, the skin on your hands gets messed up, and rough. Would the same not apply to feet?

It was just a thought I had.

Where can you buy the bio oil??:confused:

In the UK it's in most chemists, I bought mine in Lloyds. xxx

Hiya

You have to advise your client that he/she must moisture daily or this problem will get worse

skin will grow thicker and faster the more you try to remove it with harsh foot files

once you have removed most of the hard dry skin ...advise client of cream every day

Aquaious cream from boots may help(not sure if that's hoew you spell it)

also..not enough water in your clients diet will add more probs to feet/heels

good luck

Jenx

I have a question.... I don't have cracked heels, but i have hard heels. sometimes (dont laugh) I can feel this sort of pain/discofort in the heels and when I check the heel in question, you can actually feel the skin is harder and tougher!!! The hard area is almost like a horse shoe shape! any advice?

Latest posts

Back