craft fair, went horribly wrong

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kittenclaws

gona be slim geek
Reaction score
well i bit the bullet and decided to do the craft fair, what a waste of time,
i got there at 9am to set up, it opened at 10am, then from 10am 12, only 3 people came through the door, non wanted to spend any money, then after 12 i had a couple of kids wantong nails done but it was soooooooo sloooooooooow,
in total i took £20, i had paid £15 for the stall, so i made £5 but by the time you work out the cost of polish etc, i made about £3,
everyone there had a bad day, one lady didnt even make her stall money,
i even reduced the cost of my nail art to £2.50,
i sold 1 nail file for £1, and 2 solaroil pinkies for £1.99 each
so really i made no money and waisted a whole day, i dont think it had been advertised properly, i was only offereda stall yesterday, i feel so deflated now:cry: :cry: :sad:

Dont worry hun you learn from experience next time you know to ask if they ahve doen any advetising and if the weather is rubbish this doesnt help. It can be a bit slow at this time of year as the kids have just gone back to school costing us parents a fortune in uniforma nd xmas is just down the road as well.

At least you did make your stall money back hun which is better than some of the others there and you stayed and tried to make something good out of bad.

i usually do one round christmas time at longdean, which is always busy, if i do it thisd year, you can join me if you like its usually a good earner.

at least you tried hun, if you hadn't gone you would have always wondered x

thanks for the offer hun but the sale of the new house is going through quite quickly and were hopeing to be moveing to colchester at the end of october so the kids can start there new schools for the second half of the term, we have gota meet up for a drink before i go:)

jac extreme said:
i usually do one round christmas time at longdean, which is always busy, if i do it thisd year, you can join me if you like its usually a good earner.

Oh Tracy! First of all well done for trying - you did it! Proud of you! Better luck next time hun!

ooh hun.. i feel ssoooo bad :sad: as i was one of the guys that told you to do it... i cant believe that you had such a bad time.... keep your chin up and try them again as they really can be good money earners.....:hug:

don't worry about it, at least u tried!! i did one once with handmade cards not nails, i know the feeling. xx

Tracy honey well done for having a go ... so sorry it didnt turn out as hoped :hug: Good luck in your move and I wish you happiness for your future

Jo xx

Oh how upsetting when you put your time and effort into it, its probably time you could have put to better use right now huh?

But at least you give it a go... I guess its the luck of the draw .. depends who's around on the day, it could have gone either way.

Best of luck with your move, I hope you will be much happier and settled :)

Latest posts

Back