Creative Foundation Course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NatalieJ

Reaction score
I am taking the creative foundation course in Birmingham with Marco Benito and completed the 3rd day last week. It was totally exhausting but enjoyed every minute of it! I think you go through life at your normal job doing things that require no thought because they come so naturally and then BAM all this information to take in, it totally exhausted me, but in a good way, it made me realise that I havn't learnt anything new for a while LOL!!

On the 3rd day I took my mum along to model and only got 2 nails completed on her! I was happy with the two I did though and we agreed that 2 good ones were better than a whole set of bad ones!!!

Ive been to see my mum this morning and did another nail for her - that took me about 3/4 hour! I was pleased with it though, but I know its taking way too long! - Is there anybody else on here with the same predicament or anyone that used to be as slow? I know ive only just started and to be honest im more interested in producing really good nails than speed at the moment because that will come with time but I know I have to do a rebalance and a new set for the last day of the course and am worried about my timings! Any advice?

Sorry this post has been so long!

Hiya, i am starting my foundation course tomorrow - any advice or tips?? how much homework do you get?? Shelley xx

Keep at it with the nail trainer. I promise that in a weeks time you will be soo proud when you look back at the transformation your nails have taken in such a short time.

Good luck Sweetie x x

~shelley~ said:
Hiya, i am starting my foundation course tomorrow - any advice or tips?? how much homework do you get?? Shelley xx

Lots of homework! Put your all into it. You will get back what you put in.

Let us know how you get on

rjryan said:
Lots of homework! Put your all into it. You will get back what you put in.

Let us know how you get on
I will - im soo looking forward to it - im not expecting it to be easy but expecting to really enjoy it & learn loads, thanx shelley xx

~shelley~ said:

Just be focused on everything that the tutor is telling you and try and take it all in!

Also remember that you're on the course for yourself, you have paid a lot so don't get distracted by others who may not be so passionate about it!! You may not encounter that anyway! And always ASK if you don't get something.

The homework is always to read your manual about what you've learnt that day cause theres usually a question and answer session the next day, and to practice what you've learnt on your nail trainer - which took me till late at night!

Lastly I would say that dedicate these days to the nail course, don't try and fit anything else in like the gym cause you'll be too tired ha ha!!

Hope you enjoy your course, let us know!!

rjryan said:
Keep at it with the nail trainer. I promise that in a weeks time you will be soo proud when you look back at the transformation your nails have taken in such a short time.

Good luck Sweetie x x

thanks! I will keep on practising on the nail trainer and anyone else whos hands I can get at! I know that it will get easier and quicker if I practise loads, hopefully ill be able to do a full set on my last day!

NatalieJ said:
thanks! I will keep on practising on the nail trainer and anyone else whos hands I can get at! I know that it will get easier and quicker if I practise loads, hopefully ill be able to do a full set on my last day!

You WILL be able to. I am sure. Have faith in yourself x x

NatalieJ said:
Just be focused on everything that the tutor is telling you and try and take it all in!

Also remember that you're on the course for yourself, you have paid a lot so don't get distracted by others who may not be so passionate about it!! You may not encounter that anyway! And always ASK if you don't get something.

The homework is always to read your manual about what you've learnt that day cause theres usually a question and answer session the next day, and to practice what you've learnt on your nail trainer - which took me till late at night!

Lastly I would say that dedicate these days to the nail course, don't try and fit anything else in like the gym cause you'll be too tired ha ha!!

Hope you enjoy your course, let us know!!
Thank you for the reply (sorry to ask questions in your post!!) I am totally planning to dedicate the days to the course - ive even got in 'quick' meals for tea already!! I wont let myelf get distracted by others as yes ive saved up for this course & this is going to be my career!! Your advice is brill thanx - its a shame we dont live nearer as we could have practiced on each other!! I might pm you if i need to ask anything if thats ok?? good luck with the rest of your course, when is the last day of your course?? mine is 19th Dec so fingers crossed will pass & be qualified for xmas which will be my best pressie (to myself!!), thanx shelley xx

~shelley~ said:
Thank you for the reply (sorry to ask questions in your post!!) I am totally planning to dedicate the days to the course - ive even got in 'quick' meals for tea already!! I wont let myelf get distracted by others as yes ive saved up for this course & this is going to be my career!! Your advice is brill thanx - its a shame we dont live nearer as we could have practiced on each other!! I might pm you if i need to ask anything if thats ok?? good luck with the rest of your course, when is the last day of your course?? mine is 19th Dec so fingers crossed will pass & be qualified for xmas which will be my best pressie (to myself!!), thanx shelley xx

Mine finishes on the 2nd December so it'll be an early christmas present for me too!! I have lots of practising to do between now and then! Yeah PM me anytime if you need to ask anything, I will try and help if I can :eek: !!

Good luck for your course and let me know how you get on.

NatalieJ said:
I am taking the creative foundation course in Birmingham with Marco Benito and completed the 3rd day last week. It was totally exhausting but enjoyed every minute of it! I think you go through life at your normal job doing things that require no thought because they come so naturally and then BAM all this information to take in, it totally exhausted me, but in a good way, it made me realise that I havn't learnt anything new for a while LOL!!

On the 3rd day I took my mum along to model and only got 2 nails completed on her! I was happy with the two I did though and we agreed that 2 good ones were better than a whole set of bad ones!!!

Ive been to see my mum this morning and did another nail for her - that took me about 3/4 hour! I was pleased with it though, but I know its taking way too long! - Is there anybody else on here with the same predicament or anyone that used to be as slow? I know ive only just started and to be honest im more interested in producing really good nails than speed at the moment because that will come with time but I know I have to do a rebalance and a new set for the last day of the course and am worried about my timings! Any advice?

Sorry this post has been so long!

Hi Natalie, glad you enjoyed it and I agree it is hard work. I did my day 4 (rebalance) last week -I was so stressed about the exam, and it was the anniversary of my brother's death which was playing on my mind. By the time it came to do the rebalance I was done in. My model was an hour late and turned up with bright dark pink polish on her nails with no basecoat, so it took me a good 30 mins trying to get this off. She had loads of lifting, I filed one nail down so much the tip broke off, so I only did 4 nails which took forever - so don't worry your not the only one! and f we were meant to be able to get it right straight off, we wouldn't need all this training! if you are like me, i'd rather learn to perfect the skill before worrying about timings Even more encouraging is the fact that the set I did today are so much better than set I did 3 weeks ago and was much quicker

Latest posts

Back