Creative Products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hello everyone....new to this site.I am thinking of doing a foundation course course with Creative and have been told they are the best but was also adviced that once you hava trained with them you have to use their products as well which apparently are quite expensive which means you'll have to charge at least £50-£60 for a set of acrylics to make a good profit and that might not work for you unless you are in a area where people will pay that sort of money.
Anyone have any good advice on this?

Hiya,

Once trained with Creative you don't HAVE to use their products, but it does mean that you are able to then buy them now whereas if you are not qualified with them you cannot.

I went on the course thinking I would get trained up and then carry on using my cheaper products, but since doing the course and starting my little business I have realised that it is a false economy, I get so much less lifting with Creative (I know in theory I should have NONE! But I am getting better!) so that saves me money already..

Less lifting means less grumpy clients, which means they are happy with my work and more inclined to maintain them with regular infills.

It also means less work, when getting lifting out at infill appointments.

I must say though I only have a couple of Creative enamels as I have quite a few nail polishes in my kit that I use and like.

Likewise I needed some new tip slicers and bought them from my normal supplier as I wasn't prepared to pay treble with Creative.

Does that help?

hiya
i initially trained with another company then went over to creative, but if i'd known about creative before i would have saved a lot of money - and heartache!
You're obviously not obliged to use their products once trained, but i see absolutely no benefit in paying good money to train with one of the best whose products are fantastic only to then change to a cheaper and possibly inferior product...
Not all products are the same, and i found i was getting loads of lifting initially with my first training (and product) which was definitely a combination of being new to the industry, inadequate training in the preparation techniques and the product application and the product itself. I don't charge £50-60 for a set and still make a good profit but what is definitely imperative for me is the repeat business! I do very few 'full sets' as most clients are for infills and rebalances - and that is because the product is good and lasts and my technique, through CND training, is good!
HTH

Well first of all the information you have had is incorrect.

Creative products are very competitively priced (and I can only advise that you check it out yourself to learn the truth).

It costs approx 3.25pounds in product for a full set of Creative Liquid and powder tip and overlay .... (less for sculpted nails) and that makes a good profit (in anybody's book) for you at a much lower price point than 50-60 pounds.

Also you are free to buy any products you want after Creative training. Really it is the other way around .... you cannot buy Creative Liquid and powder or Gels unless you have done some training with Creative.

Creative is perceived and is a very high end product and used in the highest end salons as well as by more moderately priced salons and independent technicians, BUT if you take the time to look and find out for yourself, you will find that price-wise it is only pennies more than some other products and very competitive in the market place.

thank you very much all for your advice. I was told to do a full set of acrylics the cost in products with Creative would be at least £10 for a full set. I was also told that if you were to work in a salon most of them don't ude Creative due to the cost of products and most were using .....something United, Obsession (anyone heard of these?). From a newie's point of view it's a wicked world out there and everyone says different things to get you to use them.

pernille willia said:
thank you very much all for your advice. I was told to do a full set of acrylics the cost in products with Creative would be at least £10 for a full set. I was also told that if you were to work in a salon most of them don't ude Creative due to the cost of products and most were using .....something United, Obsession (anyone heard of these?). From a newie's point of view it's a wicked world out there and everyone says different things to get you to use them.
You are right, it is a wicked world out there, but some things can be proved ... Creative do not really have to entice would be technicians to take classes or to buy product, because they have a nearly 20 year record of achievement behind them in the UK that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt their worthiness of the title the best.

No company has ever or will ever top the record number of competition wins that Creative technicians have had over the last 20 years in the UK. Proof that CND inspire their technicians to be the best they can be and train them to be that way.

NO other nail enhancement company has ever even been nominated for BEST TRAINING apart form Creative and Creative have been nominated several times and won the award in 2004, against such prestigious companies as Dermologica and others. NO other nail companies were nominated.

These are not 'pie in the sky' statics. They are real . I suggest you ask other companies to give you proof of their wonderful achievements to back up their claims.

2 more incorrect bits of information you have been given ... 1. the price of product (as I said earlier, it is approx 3.25 for a full set of tip and overlay) and 2. also that most salons do not use CND!!
Creative have the largest share of the liquid and Powder market in the UK and its products are used in Thousands of Salons all over the United Kingdom.

It is also not true that nail clippers cost 3 times less from a wholesaler than from CND. Designer Nails (CND do not make nail clippers) sell at least 4 different types of nail clippers from a very expensive set to a very inexpensive set. Designer Nails are wholesalers but they offer a choice of equipment to their customers according to the customers individual circumstances. Things that are more expensive are usually that way for a reason ... that reason is always the quality of the tool/implement or item, not because the price has been picked out of a hat.

I hope I have shed a little more light on things for you. Check it out yourself. Ring 0113 275 5719 for more info on Creative and Designer Nails (the distributors of Creative Nail Design, Fabric# and Faze.)

pernille willia said:
From a newie's point of view it's a wicked world out there and everyone says different things to get you to use them.
Having recently been there I know how you feel!

You need to decide what you want to achieve and then do your own research into products/training. The Creative foundation course is not cheap, but it IS excellent value IMO. In nails, as with everything, you get what you pay for, and a little more investment in the beginning will be worth it in the long term - for you and your clients.

Have a look round old posts and you'll see many people have said they've spent money on cheaper products & training courses, then tried another, then another, before finally spending on decent training & products, and then wondered why they didn't do it ages ago! (one such company offering cheap training has just gone bust - what does that tell you?)

Are you going to Professional Beauty at Excel or Nails,Tanning & Beauty at Olympia? This would be a great place to have a look at what's on offer, get a nail done by different companies and then you can see for yourself what the companies have to offer. PM me & I'll give you details if you need, both events are free if you register in advance for tickets.

Bryony said:
Having recently been there I know how you feel!

You need to decide what you want to achieve and then do your own research into products/training. The Creative foundation course is not cheap, but it IS excellent value IMO. In nails, as with everything, you get what you pay for, and a little more investment in the beginning will be worth it in the long term - for you and your clients.

Have a look round old posts and you'll see many people have said they've spent money on cheaper products & training courses, then tried another, then another, before finally spending on decent training & products, and then wondered why they didn't do it ages ago! (one such company offering cheap training has just gone bust - what does that tell you?)

Are you going to Professional Beauty at Excel or Nails,Tanning & Beauty at Olympia? This would be a great place to have a look at what's on offer, get a nail done by different companies and then you can see for yourself what the companies have to offer. PM me & I'll give you details if you need, both events are free if you register in advance for tickets.
thanks sonmuch everyone, I'm overwhelmed by your help and advice, don't feel so lost anymore. please could you give me details of Olympia event, definately interrested?
thanks
Pernille

You might find it useful to read the thread ref ezflow or creative?

Hi

You can register for tickets at www.professionalbeauty.co.uk, this show is at Excel, another unmissable show is at Olympia, register at www.olympiabeauty.co.uk.

As a salon owner, I can confirm Geeg's figures to be correct for Creative products and I do know what I am talking about as we use them in our own salons and franchises.

Cathy

Hiya,

Have sent you a PM. Shout if you need any more help.

pernille willia said:
thanks sonmuch everyone, I'm overwhelmed by your help and advice, don't feel so lost anymore. please could you give me details of Olympia event, definately interrested?
thanks
Pernille
hiya
i've got a spare few tickets that I wont be able to use. If you would like them, just pm me :)

linzi

I have read (and enjoyed) many of your comments and replies to other Geeks. I have now been searching for 2 hours for a contact or link to Creative. Can you please put me out of my misery??A website, phone number anything....many many thanks

Karen

hiya, 50 or 60 pounds per set you said, i may be wrong but i have never known anyone to charge that much for a set of nails. My personal opinion is that you pay for what you get, Creative products are very good however i do not find them any more expensive then other good brands. You could ring around and find a salon near you that offers Creative enhancements and have a set done, i did this and loved them, then reading on here about Creative also made my mind up for me. Def do your research first. best of luck xxx

Hi
I use Creative in my salon and I dont charge £60.00 either.
I strongly beleive that when buying Nail products e.g Acrylic or GEl you get what you pay for.

Ruby

This is a really hard post to respond to because I think YOU will think you are getting a hard sell on here...all I can tell you HONESTLY is that I trained with Creative 7 and a half years ago and when I first set up my first small salon and I spent a lot of my very early days sitting praying for the phone the phone to ring, I tried everything to cut costs for about 6 months...I must have tried every product available on the market in the UK...I learned the hard way...have only used Creative since, in my personal opinion they are the best, easiest to use, and the cost difference is negligible...but huge in terms of repeat, loyal, customers. Fiona

Latest posts

Back