Creative Roadshow/ Contacts (Gigi could you please)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailman

Reaction score
I went to my local beauty supply chain yesterday to meet educators from Creative Nail. They were scheduled to do demos from 9am until 4pm. I have been extremely busy dividing my time between the Mobile Salon and the salon which I started in some months ago(praise be to Jesus), so when my 3pm appointment cancelled I was all too happy.

I ran across the street to Victory Beauty and much to my suprise, there were no demos. There were no educators. I was told they flew the young lady in from Pennsylvania and she left early to catch a return flight home. Now I live in a pretty Metropolitan area. I am smack in the middle of Chicago, Illinois and Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Millions of people located in aprox 100 square miles.But there is no local education.

So I went to Creative Nails webpage, where lo and behold I found out that the Creative Roadshow featuring Doug Schoon would be in Milwaukee on June 11-13th. Now as I am a man. Relatively new to the industry, facing some bias for being a man in a nearly all womens industry, I am striving to be the best tech that I possibly can be.

I run my own Mobile business, and work in a great Shop which has been around for 40 years (they recieve aprox 100 walk in clients per month) and has a great reputation. I have been fortunate enough to recieve one on one training with a highly respected peer who specializes in sculptured pink and whites. I have worked countless hours practicing , and sculpting nails on paying clients. In my free time(between my lovely wife, two children, dog, house,and maintainence on the Mobile Salon and our cars and such) I PUT SETS OF NAILS ON ANYONE WHO WILL SET STILL FOR AN HOUR. My technique is much improved, nails look great, My books are becoming full.

But I still crave more. I want more experience, I want more clients, I want more education. Am I being Greedy. Am Ijust the ugly American who wants satisfaction NOW. I think not. I just want to be the best. After competing in Chicago at the midwest show I realized how much I need to improve.

And just my luck the Creative Team will be in my backyard in just over a month. How lucky. I called them, to find info, but they are not open yet. perhaps Geeg could fill me in on what to expect and whom exactly to call to make sure I dont miss out on this oppurtunity. Please Gigi.

I will be back on later to ramble some more but I have a 9:30 rebalance and that starts another wonderful day in the world of nails. I will be back at 5pm, to ramble some more.

I am so glad my wife talked me into quitting my job as an electrician, throwing caution to the wind, being penniless for years as i struggled through the classes and the training. It is finally paying off. I will be the best, I will be hugely successful, I will, I will ,Iwill ,.I WILLL......I WILL SURVIVE, I WILL PROSPER, I WILL FRANCHISE MY MOBILE SALON . I WILL. (I HOPE)

How lucky am I?

Latest posts

Back