Crystal Clear or Skin Base MD?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tee Hee Hee

Reaction score
Hi Geeks!

Please let me know your experience with using these systems. If you have experience with both that would be a bonus.

Thanks.

I use crystal clear and absolutely love it. Its the ferrari of md lol xxx

i use SkinBase and i love it!! training was great and customer service is second to none plus they offer it on a PAYG basis xx

I'm CC trained and LOVE it. Have heard Skinbase is really good, too, though and am considering this for my own business as I can't afford CC xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I used skinbase to test the market as its great to hire ... X but to own cc is a good machine thy did a deal ont heir small machine before it was v affordable so look intot hat maybe x

I had skinbase for 18 months. I couldn't afford to buy a machine. I ended up handing it back because clients weren't really interested in it. A friend of a friend was selling her crystal clear a month after I handed the skinbase so I thought I'd have it incase clients asked for microdermabrasion . I was really impressed with crystal clear I have just bought the crystal clear machine and skincare range and in two weeks sooooo many clients have had a facial and booked a course. The thing with skinbase is its aggressive the crystals are very course compared to crystal clear. When u see the crystals after a treatment it's amazing the colour and you can seethe blackheads and the grease. The skin feels lovely after crystal clear were as te skinbase your skin could feel dry. The best thing is for you to try the two. Crystal
Clear was a lot to invest but it's working out good for me

I had skinbase for 18 months. I couldn't afford to buy a machine. I ended up handing it back because clients weren't really interested in it. A friend of a friend was selling her crystal clear a month after I handed the skinbase so I thought I'd have it incase clients asked for microdermabrasion . I was really impressed with crystal clear I have just bought the crystal clear machine and skincare range and in two weeks sooooo many clients have had a facial and booked a course. The thing with skinbase is its aggressive the crystals are very course compared to crystal clear. When u see the crystals after a treatment it's amazing the colour and you can seethe blackheads and the grease. The skin feels lovely after crystal clear were as te skinbase your skin could feel dry. The best thing is for you to try the two. Crystal
I suppose it comes down to personal preference - I had the opposite experience. I had a Crystal Clear machine for 3 years & it was constantly going wrong on me (really embarassing when you're mid-treatment) & found the back-up really poor. The consumables are extortionate as well. Tried to sell my machine on ebay but found there was so many on there I didn't get much for it - you have to wonder why there's quite so many for sale on there too.
I got a Skinbase machine 4 months ago on their pay as you go system, they've been great so far but will be interested to see if it lasts longer than the Crystal Clear (although if I have any problems I suppose I can just send it back for a new one since it's pay as you go) & it includes all the crystals/handsets etc. My clients have been really impressed with the results too & have booked loads of courses on the back of the marketing they send out - 5 stars so far but I'll keep an eye out for the power level & dry skin, thanks for the heads up. I'll keep you posted!

Thanks peeps! I think I'll go with Crystal Clear. Very well established brand name.:lol:

Take a look at Carlton too.I love their machine for results and their products are great really brilliant at prepping, degreasing and soothing.You will need to keep on top of machine maintenance tho as it needs storing properly etc.I found the Skinbase machine light at times and there were no products to work with.

Did you have to re do your training with cc or were you able to use the skin base certificate as that’s what I’m apprehensive about if I don’t get clients for the md and give the machine back as their training is free

Latest posts

Back