Curly girl method

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puddy89

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried the curly girl method? How did you get on with it?

There's a really good Facebook group for it with suitable products and routines etc x

There's a really good Facebook group for it with suitable products and routines etc x

Thank you I've joined it. Just wondered if anyone here done it and what products they used x

Yes I'm using yes to carrots, the cheap gel from Tesco and cantu curl activating cream. My scalp is driving me nuts though so might switch to low poo instead as not sure cowashing is agreeing with me xx

Yes I'm using yes to carrots, the cheap gel from Tesco and cantu curl activating cream. My scalp is driving me nuts though so might switch to low poo instead as not sure cowashing is agreeing with me xx
that cheap gel is probably doing it

Has anyone ever tried the curly girl method? How did you get on with it?
I follow the curly 'girl' method, I'm not a girl, but it works, its not a gimmick, or a scam, it was founded by Lorraine Massey, the former co-owner of Devacurl, you don't have to co-wash to follow the method either, itchy scalps, product buildup, dry hair are things you may encounter, its not caused by the curly girl method, its simply poor product choice, popular quality bands which follow this way of life include; shea moisture(lowest prices, lowest quality both UK and us), Lorraine Massey's own products CurlyworldLLC(sold worldwide at salons certified by her) Devacurl(US, CA and South America) Trepadora(EU) Boucleme(EU), ouidad(US) and brigeo curl line(worldwide). you must use either a low lather sulphate free shampoo or a zero lather conditioning cleanser, co-washing is never recommended but some people get on with it, conditioners must not contain silicone and must be low in polyquaternium as the gentle cleansers will not strip the silicone off the hair, products must be the same, cheap gels, cheap creams are a recipe for disaster, products with protein also can cause dry hair. The curly girl method is not exlusive to the selection of products, it also extends to the application, you need to vigorously massage the cleanser on the scalp, the friction will clean more than the product itself, with conditioner you must finger detangle the hair, starting towards the ends, adding more as needed, product MUST be applied on SOAKING wet hair, dripping wet, apply a generous amount with your head flipped over, gliding it over the nape of hair all the way to the ends of the front, and then scrunch some more product into the ends so you hear a squelching noise. no combs of brushes ever. Good luck! some people find they must use a sulphate cleanser every month or so, which is fine and heathy too!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back