Custom Blend Powders

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

islandnails

Reaction score
Why is it called costume blend manicure? And how do you do it?

Thanks.

It is called CUSTOM blend which might make it a bit easier to understand!! :)

It is blending powders to match your client's skin tones ... therefore customizing the colour to each cutstomer ... you can do wicked makeover nails with custom blended powders.

Hahhaha!!! I see the spelling mistake now, ta luv.

So, you do a manicure & then add the custom blended powders after.

Custom blend is L&P but with different coloured powder that you mix to match the clients skin tone. I've had it done and it's fabulous. There is a colour wheel to help you with your blend but you can get used to playing around with the colours yourself.

I see you live in the Caribbean so you'd love it for your Afro Caribbean clients as the pink and white isn't very flattering to darker skin tones. You can make a mix that matches their tone and then write down the blend for their next appointment.

I'm mad about it and can't wait to learn to do it.

Hey - I like the idea of 'costume blend' - polish and nail art to match an outfit, cool:D

Kimmi Rocks said:
Custom blend is L&P but with different coloured powder that you mix to match the clients skin tone. I've had it done and it's fabulous. There is a colour wheel to help you with your blend but you can get used to playing around with the colours yourself.

I see you live in the Caribbean so you'd love it for your Afro Caribbean clients as the pink and white isn't very flattering to darker skin tones. You can make a mix that matches their tone and then write down the blend for their next appointment.

I'm mad about it and can't wait to learn to do it.

By the sound of things Kimmi you don't have much to learn!!:wink2: .....It is not as complicated as it seems...I mean everyone's nail plate is pink!! isn't it?...Just varying degrees of pink....my last few sets of nails (on me) have been custom blends and I absolutely love it....:Love:
JUST AS WELL...as I jammed a nail in a kitchen cupboard the other day...so a nice opaque custom blend will cover that awful haematoma (bruise) for the next 5-6 months as it grows out from my eponychium to my free edge!!! ( and it was right sore too!):Scared:

Opacity rocks!!...you need to say opacity in an American accent though like Sam and it really sounds as though it rocks!!!.... like OH PAH city.....

thanks ladies.

Yes the pink & whites do show up a bit too much on darker skin tones.
I've been doing the french tips with natural or clear for these ladies, but learning to do this would "surely rock!"

Heeheee. Ta.

Latest posts

Back