cuticle & Eponychium - confused!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
suzie- I was taught after soaking, dry hand slightly, push back eponichium with cotton wool covered orange stick soaked in cuticle remover, then with hoof stick, then remove cuticle with cuticle knife, and then any tiny bits of skin that are sticking up after you have cleansed nip away. and remember, clamp the piece of skin with the nippers, squeeze really hard and then pull away. I always get terrified of pulling half someones finger off!!

guess they are gonna have to rename those pterygium removal tools

nailzoo said:
guess they are gonna have to rename those pterygium removal tools

this a bug bear of mine, hate the name of them!!

How can you "Remove" a disorder where living tissue becomes fused and pulled along the nail plate. Imagine the blood, yuck!!!

Suzie.e said:
I don't understand what "excess eponychium" is. I did my basic manicure course yesterday and have to admit I was frightened to use the nippers in case I nipped something living - If it's a small piece of skin sticking up after clearing the "gunk" is it ok to nip that? sorry for my lack of proper vocab!

I Think thats ok yeah, but what i meant was we were taught that if the cuticle as in what most people think is the cuticle is really thick then we should cut it. Will not be doing that anymore.

Latest posts

Back