Dark eyes and dark lips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siobrennan

Reaction score
Hi skin geeks! I am heading out this weekend and would like a little make up change, I'm usually a dark smoky eyes nude lips kind of girl but I'd like to try dark lips.
My hair is quite light blonde short funky bob, and I have very fair clear skin though will probably have a light spray tan and I have very white (ahem dentist bleached) teeth.
I always have to wear dark ish eyes as I feel natural eyes just aren't dressy enough and my eyes are grey so tend to just look rubbish unless I have black mascara and liner on as a minimum.

So does dark eyes and lips work together? And if so what shades are "now"? Xxx

Yes, dark shadow and lips do go. It's make up - anything goes!!!
I would stick with your dark smoky eyes and use a good strong lip colour. If you use a lipstick that gives a thick coverage and it feels a bit ott, try a dark gloss. You could try it over a lip pencil to give it a bit of longevity, and to give the lips some definition. I was an eighties teenager, so my night out wasn't complete without dark smoky eyes and bright red lips.

You may also be able to get away with a dark aubergine colour on lips if your teeth are white - it makes mine look minging!!!

Your look sounds great, so I would go with the colours you're confident with.

Have a top weekend x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1380125619.931008.jpg I came across this a couple of days ago and thought it was gorgeous! I love dark eyes and lips in winter I always do it on a night out! I would recommend a good quality matt lipstick and do about 7 layers.. Blotting each time so it really stains! :) xx

Thanks guys! Going to try it out on Saturday night! Will post a pic if it looks ok lol x

Latest posts

Back