Dashing Divas French Wrap System

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might be being thick but I'm confused about these, even after looking at the Dashing Divas website. They look good though as I HATE doing french polish, even though I think I can do it well.
What are they made from? Thin plastic?

Incredibly thin - very hard to describe until you see them and how cool they are to apply. I didn't 'get it' at all until I physically saw them.

Are they thin enough to use under polish without looking bulky?
yes absolutely but the Base and Top Seal are designed as very fast drying but they are quite a thick viscosity so they fill in the gaps' - we do advise to use the Pink Buffer to go over the smiles as that just takes the shine off - honestly - you will see just how thin they are and... S2's 'd.solve' completely removes the entire system with no buffing at all!!

Do you need to glue them on or stick them onto a basecoat while wet?
- you apply the FWP Smiles first with the brush on adhesive over PEP'ed nails... buff slightly and then add Base Seal. If you want to add a FRENCH colour - you would do that after Base Seal - I used CND's Rose Water - then you apply Top Seal and your done!!

[quote}How do you remove them? Does everything you need come in the kit? Is there a dvd or instructions?[/quote] To remove - answered above - d.solve. Yes everything comes in the kit but not d.solve. Yes S2 have instructions which I just got through the other day!!

Sorry for all the questions, I usually 'get' the new products such as Shellac, but these are making my head hurt! lol!
it's because they look so 'odd' - that it is hard to 'get' - once you do it though you are amazed at how easy it is!

Would I be right in assuming these would be likely to appeal to manicure clients who won't consider 'full' enhancements?

bother! and other ruder words lol.

I didn't think much of the sound of these as I am happy with my french polish application and enhancement forever french so will miss out on these at the Event having opted for other break out sessions, but know they are sounding better and faster!

Will we get another chance for a mini demo at the Event?

bother! and other ruder words lol.

I didn't think much of the sound of these as I am happy with my french polish application and enhancement forever french so will miss out on these at the Event having opted for other break out sessions, but know they are sounding better and faster!

Will we get another chance for a mini demo at the Event?

Yup, me too, but I also want to do the 3 I have picked, so like you hoping we will get another chance for a demo.

Yup, me too, but I also want to do the 3 I have picked, so like you hoping we will get another chance for a demo.

Believe me, anyone can use these from scratch without a demo!! They are easy. You're nail techs aren't you? :D

Would I be right in assuming these would be likely to appeal to manicure clients who won't consider 'full' enhancements?

absolutely = there is no strength to these - you dont adhere them to get 'length' - they are applied over the free edge!

Really nothing to do with enhancements - just long lasting French polish!

Oooooo, thanks for the explanation, they sound really good.

Believe me, anyone can use these from scratch without a demo!! They are easy. You're nail techs aren't you? :D

Oh dear, another thing on the shopping list then lol. Thanks geeg :hug::hug:

I applied a set yesterday on one if my hair girls she had bitten off her acrylics and her nails were very short and damaged!!!

D D made her nails look fab!! Although they don't add length the sure strengthen the week free edge!! Absolute childs play to apply!!!

i did some on myself yesterday and put calgel clear over the top and they look fab, going to do a set on a client today who wants french gel overlays going to apply these first then capp them with clear gel X

How long does it take to soak off the french wrap plus if using them on their own?

i did some on myself yesterday and put calgel clear over the top and they look fab, going to do a set on a client today who wants french gel overlays going to apply these first then capp them with clear gel X

How much are you charging for this service, I'm just trying to get an idea what to charge. Thanks X

Found this video on you tube........this shows the whole process using the DD gel aswell though.

Thanks for that Lou. I think my purse is going to take a battering when I go to the Fingertips Centre for Shellac training on 5th May.

How long does it take to soak off the french wrap plus if using them on their own?

You dont really soak them off - simply use S2's d.solve on a lint free pad and it just 'dissolves' the FWP and Seal coats!!

I know they dont add lenth but they seem like a much better srevice than some of the weekend/party nail ideas. :D

I know they dont add lenth but they seem like a much better srevice than some of the weekend/party nail ideas. :D

Hey Mizzy - that's because they are a professional product! ;) We may have samples after the Event so you can always call us and try!

Well I'm sold! silly me, I should have known anything S2 stock would be fab :o

I just looked up their US website: they make them in, wait for it....... COLOURS!!!!

hint hint Samantha:hug:

Thanks MRS Geek, I already have a kit receved it yesterday it is very easy and the look is grate, I did all the hair dressers before I left work yesterday, they loved it,
I also chose this as one of my brake outs at the event, :)
See you there :)

2 questions for you...

what type of product is the bonder they used on the tips when theyd been files and before gel was applied over them... is it a non acid primer?

the french wraps seemed to be thicker than the french wrap plus, is that correct?

Latest posts

Back