Daughter's hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thewrightnails

Reaction score
Hi, my daughter is 14, she washes her hair every other day as she is a swimmer and but suffers with white flecks in her hair and as her hair is dark it shows up. Apparently it's not dandruff, it looks like skin. Any advise on what to use please.

Does she wear a swim cap? It could be a dry scalp?

She does, yes.
Is there any products that can help?

There is a few different types of dandruff , dry scalp is one of them , also it can be caused by over oil production and it can also be fungal , the treatment depends on the type ,, my daughter was a swimmer , the amount of hair washing and chlorine could be drying her hair out ,

There is one that you can get from the chemist that is really good. i can't think off the top of my head what it is called. There is one by a salon brand called KMS California either the hair stay shampoo or the head remedy shampoo. The hair stay one is brilliant for swimmers and even though it might not be dandruff the head remedy is brilliant for flaky scalp. I know you can get them off the internet they aren't the cheapest but they are both brilliant.

Thanks for your help, I'll have a look Jade[emoji1]

Latest posts

Back