Daughter's hairy legs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex keary

Reaction score
Hi hope someone can help. My 9yr old daughter is being picked on at school as she has hairy legs. I would say they were dark blonde in colour and i dont think they are any hairier than any other 9 yr olds. Is there anything I can use as I do not want to shave or wax them and it is really getting her down and i feel she is too young to be worrying about this x

Hair remover cream , but do a skin patch test first x

Hi hope someone can help. My 9yr old daughter is being picked on at school as she has hairy legs. I would say they were dark blonde in colour and i dont think they are any hairier than any other 9 yr olds. Is there anything I can use as I do not want to shave or wax them and it is really getting her down and i feel she is too young to be worrying about this x

Why don't you want to shave?

When I was younger (probably the same age) i was picked on for having hairy legs as I have naturally dark hair. I begged my mum to let me shave them, she refused. And I became so self conscious I would only wear trousers. Personally I don't know why I wasn't allowed to shave, a few years later I did anyway. Hair removal creams are a nightmare mess and shaving is so much easier and quicker and she will be a lot happier in my opinion. But I'm not her parent so I can't decide for you. It doesn't grow back thicker or hairier or anything, it's just another method of hair removal that most women use. I know children tend to grow up so fast nowadays and it's difficult to deal with but if she's very unhappy what harm will it do to let her shave her legs?

My daughter had this problem, I waxed her. No worries.

If it's getting her down I'd buy her a ladyshave or wax it for her.

Girls are horrible to each other.

I would just tell her to be proud of who she is, that having hair on your legs at the age of 9 is normal and she shouldn't have to change who she is to please other people x

Tell the school if she's being bullied.
Even if she shaves, they will find something else to mock her for so the bullies need dealing with, your daughter shouldn't have to change to fit in with them.
Personally, I've always had slightly hairy legs and rarely bother shaving but it should be up to the individual rather than bowing to peer pressure.

Latest posts

Back