Dealing with oily nails........???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Marie*

Reaction score
Help advice pleeeeease!!! I have a client that I put a set on and she said that they had started to lift....so I said I'd go and replace the full set, she said it wasn't my fault as she has really oily nails and that she has had problems with nail varnish staying on in the past....wish she'd told me all this when I first put the set on!!! I'm going to replace the set tomorrow night and was just wondering just how do I deal with these oily nails??? I use NSI products....do I have to do something different in the prep stage??? xxx

Envy Nailz said:
Help advice pleeeeease!!! I have a client that I put a set on and she said that they had started to lift....so I said I'd go and replace the full set, she said it wasn't my fault as she has really oily nails and that she has had problems with nail varnish staying on in the past....wish she'd told me all this when I first put the set on!!! I'm going to replace the set tomorrow night and was just wondering just how do I deal with these oily nails??? I use NSI products....do I have to do something different in the prep stage??? xxx

When you prep, don't use any creams like cuticle remover. Ensure you get the nail plate totally free of any non living tissue (major cause of lifting). with NSI do you allow the nail pure to dry first? then when you apply the primer leave until it goes a chalky colour? if you are doing all of these things and still getting lifting it could be you need to check your application. You using gel or L&P?

Take care

my sister has very oily nails and i have now put a couple of l&p on her with a dry prep (nothing except primer) and they seem to be staying on,

Yes it's l&p I'm using, someone told me two coats of prep dx (nail pure) and two coats of primer.....but I don't wanna try that incase it makes them worse!! Yeah and I let it dry inbetween the prep dx and primer. I may try the dry prep then!! Thanks xxx

Latest posts

Back