Debit/Credit Card Terminal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

junejuno

Reaction score
Hello All,
I am in the process of setting up a hair, health and beauty studio. I will rent chairs and therapy rooms and I will not be working in the business myself. I want to set up a merchant service for the girls to use. I think that it's important that their clients have the facility to use their debit/credit cards.

Does anyone know if/how this can be done please?

Kind regards, June

All banks offer this service so I'd start with your own bank and Google debit card facilities. xxxx

hi i got mine through the FSB and i used the free legal help line 3 times now, is a good thing to be in. :)

Last edited:
When I was researching this I found RMS cheaper than the Fed and I belong to the Fed, depends on what sort of cards you take etc and how many per month...sometimes its the added extras that add up!so ask alot of questions

anyone got a link for RMS - I'm struggling to find this on google!
thanks awfully
:)

Hi June ,

This is a tricky one . You have been given good advice about where to get the machine .

However on reading your posts it seems that you will have multiple people each with their own clients using this facilty . I assume that they will pay you rent and the money from treatments is theirs

Unless someone know different when you have a Merchant account money taken on cards will be paid inot ONE bank account( ie yours ) and the monthly fees/ card charges for the facility will be taken from the same bank account .

How will you keep a track of each therapists sales and how will you pay them the sales money ? Will you charge them the % charge on each sale and will each pay a proportion of the monthly rental ?

Not saying it is impossible but will be complicated to keep a track of and implement

Something to think about :)

Karen

Thank you all for your input.
Perfect, yes you have it right. There will be several different people taking payment for their services. The only way round it that i can see is to have the service in the my name and therefore all monies would come to my bank account.

I could then have the stylists/therapists put a ID on each transaction so that I know who gets what.

I could then perhaps deduct the card payment from their rental. Would that work?

Latest posts

Back