Decanting product into smaller pots??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Jenny~

Reaction score
Hi there,

I was wondering if it is 'allowed' to decant products...for example hand cream, tan extender, that kind of thing into smaller pots to give to clients?

I have just posted a thread regarding things to put into goody bags but wanted to put this seperate as, although its along the same lines, it wouldn't be for goody bags.

For example, I know you can purchase tan extender sachets from sienna, but if you do not use sienna and the client doesn't want to purchase a whole bottle of tan extender, is it ok to put some in a small pot for them to try??

Any help is much appreciated xx

I don't see why not...surely once you have brought it its yours to do with what you want.....as long as you are not re-labelling them as something else i cant see the harm. x

All I would do is put a label or write on what it is so that they know what to ask for when they do want to buy the full size product!

I worked for the body shop many moons ago and we did it, so I guess if they are allowed to do then so can I!

I wanted to pose the question so that if anyone could see an obvious problem with my suggestion they could point it out before I go ahead and do it then get in trouble!!

Thank you for taking the time to post....i'm glad i'm not the only one who thinks it would be ok

xx

maybe print of a small ingredient list just incase someone is allergic to something...

You need to put a ingredients list along side the product just incase the client has a reaction, so they cannot put any blame onto you.

xx

Latest posts

Back