Deep conditioner

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peachylady

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have really dry, parched hair and would love to know what deep conditioning treatment perils recommend for home use. Would love to try olaplex at some point too

It depends to an extent on why your hair is dry.

Is it just lacking moisture or is it also damaged?
Is it dry due to being chemically treated or regular use of high temperature electrical tools?
Do you swim in chlorinated water regularly?
Is it due to hormonal changes or a result of medication?

Thank you for responding AcidPerm :) The hairdresser said my hair was more dehydrated. I live in a hot country so have the sun and air con to deal with but I don't swim much. I also blow dry but always put heat protector on first. Medication or hormonal issues aren't an issue :)

With my clients, I tend to offer them sample sizes of products to try at home to see how they get on with them.

For instance, I might really love a product but a client might dislike the smell or the texture (oil v cream) so it just depends.

For a deep conditioning treatment I'll add some Olaplex to a moisturising mask and put a plastic wrap over it to keep in the heat. (You could probably use clingfilm at home). Perhaps you could do something similar one evening and leave it on for about an hour?

Love that idea AcidPerm! Will give it a go. Thank you :)

Latest posts

Back