Dermalogica Intensive Moisture Masque

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tchoklat

Reaction score
Hello skin geeks,
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to ask in here as I'm not a professional but I have a Dermalogica question and am hoping someone here can help me out.
I've had face mapping and only use Dermaogica, I'm in my 40's and my skin is getting a bit dryer lately. I have the moisture masque but I'm having difficulty removing it. I pre-cleanse, cleanse, exfoliate then put on the masque. When I try and wash it off it leaves behind a very white residue. I just can't get it off and look very pale. Am I supposed to cleanse again? This seems to me like I will remove the moisure if I do. It stops me from using it as much as I'd like to.
Any advice would be appreciated.
xxxxx

Hello skin geeks,
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to ask in here as I'm not a professional but I have a Dermalogica question and am hoping someone here can help me out.
I've had face mapping and only use Dermaogica, I'm in my 40's and my skin is getting a bit dryer lately. I have the moisture masque but I'm having difficulty removing it. I pre-cleanse, cleanse, exfoliate then put on the masque. When I try and wash it off it leaves behind a very white residue. I just can't get it off and look very pale. Am I supposed to cleanse again? This seems to me like I will remove the moisure if I do. It stops me from using it as much as I'd like to.
Any advice would be appreciated.
xxxxx

Do you remove it with sponges or by splashing your face?

You really can't remove it by splashing, I end up using a soft flannel but still seems to be a bit white at the end.

You would be surprised how many people do splash their face as in washing masks off lol Maybe you need to do it with the flannel again and then tone the area to remove any residue. Im sure one of the more qualified girls/fellas on here will be able to help you more:)

Yep, use the Dermalogica multi-active toner after you have removed the masque (either a couple of warm flannels or facial sponges) to remove the residue and follow with your moisturiser.

Hi

You could use the dermalogica sponge cloth, that is very effective in removing mask's. You have to remember its a mask so you need to hold the warm damp cloth against your skin a moment then wipe.

You could also try the skin hydrating booster,

skin hydrating booster
Super-saturated hydration for the driest skin conditions, this intensive hydrating fluid revitalizes parched skin. Hydrates, smoothes and minimizes fine lines with a concentrated blend of Hyaluronic Acid, Panthenol, Glycolipids and Algae Extract to restore moisture balance. Contains no artificial fragrance or color. Professional recommendation advised.

how it works

Hyaluronic Acid holds up to 1000 times its weight in water for hydration and improved elasticity.
Panthenol aids in tissue repair while hydrating the skin.
Algae Extract helps restore moisture balance.

Ex-foliation is very important as you get older too. Which exfoliant are you using?

An alternative mask to try is the Multi Vitamin one the full multi vit range is fab!
Look out for dermalogica's new anti age products due out this summer too.

Hope this helps.

Try wetting your hands and massaging over your face to resoften the mask, before removing with your flannel.

Hi

You could use the dermalogica sponge cloth, that is very effective in removing mask's. You have to remember its a mask so you need to hold the warm damp cloth against your skin a moment then wipe.
Perhaps I'm trying to get it off too quickly, thanks for the suggestion, will try this out.

You could also try the skin hydrating booster,
I do use this booster, it's lovely.

Ex-foliation is very important as you get older too. Which exfoliant are you using?
Daily microfoliant (daily) and daily resurfacer (2-3 times p/w). I know there is a leave on cream/mask type but haven't used it.

An alternative mask to try is the Multi Vitamin one the full multi vit range is fab!
I use the multivitamin power concentrate (daily) and mv power firm for eyes and lips but haven't tried the mask.
Look out for dermalogica's new anti age products due out this summer too.

Hope this helps.
Yes, thanks so much.
xxx

Yep, use the Dermalogica multi-active toner after you have removed the masque (either a couple of warm flannels or facial sponges) to remove the residue and follow with your moisturiser.

I don't actually use a toner, perhaps that's what I need.
Cheers.

Multi Power Recovery Masque is my favourite ~ bet you would love it too. Have you tried Skin Hydrating Masque? That ones a good one too cos you can keep it in the fridge if you would prefer it really cold. Also it's so gentle you can use it around the eyes. I leave mine on for 10/15 mins and if my skin is really dehydrated it absorbs it really well ~ very satisfying!!

The Sponge Cloth is the best thing to use when removing any cleanser, exfoliator or masque in my opinion. It feels lovely on the skin too

xx

hey

also make sure you do not apply the masque too thick.

The Multivitamin Power Recovery Masque is fabulous, I love it. If your using
the rest of the range it would seem logical to use the masque.

You definatley should use the Multi Active toner it is gorgeous!!!

But as someone said above - wait for the new range in May...SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO exciting!!

Becki xxx

Wow thanks so much for the advice.
I'm really looking forward to the new range now.
Until then I'll be getting myself some toner (the last time I had a Dermalogica toner it was a spray and leave it on one, iirc), and Multivitamin Power Recovery Masque.
And I won't put my Intensive Moisture one on so thickly.
Huge thanks again for all your advice.
xxxxxxxx

Wow thanks so much for the advice.
I'm really looking forward to the new range now.
Until then I'll be getting myself some toner (the last time I had a Dermalogica toner it was a spray and leave it on one, iirc), and Multivitamin Power Recovery Masque.
And I won't put my Intensive Moisture one on so thickly.
Huge thanks again for all your advice.
xxxxxxxx

The spray on one is lovely. I spray it onto cotton pads and then wipe over my face. You will be surprised just how much dirt etc can be left on the face after you have cleansed.
Enjoy xx

If you use precleanse then a dermalogica cleanser there will be nothing left on the skin. The toner can then be spritzed to really hydrate the skin

hth

becki xxx

If you use precleanse then a dermalogica cleanser there will be nothing left on the skin. The toner can then be spritzed to really hydrate the skin

hth

becki xxx

I never knew that, they didnt tell us that at college lol thank you Becki x

When you've finished college try and get working in a salon using Dermalogica and then you'll be sent on their training and you'll realise there is so much more to Dermalogica, which obviously a college can't teach because it would be too much! Its a very exciting journey,

becki xxx

When you've finished college try and get working in a salon using Dermalogica and then you'll be sent on their training and you'll realise there is so much more to Dermalogica, which obviously a college can't teach because it would be too much! Its a very exciting journey,

becki xxx

Thanks for that:) x

Latest posts

Back