Dermalogica or Mary Cohr? Opi or Jessica?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aggy

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am the owner of the tanning shop and now planning to do beauty as well. I was trying to rent a room to a beautician but failed twice and now I have almost decided to do go into a partnership with somebody. I found really nice girl but its all new to me and very scary in the current financial times! The advice I need from you is whether to go for Dermalogica or Mary Cohr products? Although I prefer Mary Cohr I am thinking that I could have a better shot with Dermalogica as it is more popular? Also Jessica or Opi for nails?

Thanks a lot for all your advice!!
Agi

I love OPI the brushes are really wide makes painting easier and the colours are excellent. Although i love dermologica, they have started retailing in boots and i think salons should offer clients something a little more exclusive.

I agree with Gem with Dermalogica, you need something exclusive but also really good. Have you thought of looking into Eve Taylor There are a few of us on here use it and i love it! Also OPI you can now buy in the likes of boots and various other places. Have a real shop around online and find something exclusive that you can also retail

Hi
I didnt know that OPI was available in boots, although its been available in more upmarket independent department stores for a while. I've only ever seen the actual polish for sell not the hand & foot side of things which hopefully will remain exclusive to us the professionals ( please correct me on this if i'm mistaken). I choose to use OPI and love it, i know many friends in salons using Jessica and would rather not, say no more!.

Only you can decide as it's you that will have to sell the products & services. I personally have never liked Dermalogica, both professionally & as a consumer, but none of us are all people! I have used Jessica & OPI, and although I personally prefer Jessica, which is why I ditched using OPI 7 years ago, both are good ranges.

Thanks a lot guys!
To be honest I didn’t know that you can get either Dermalogica or Opi in the normal shops! This will help me with my decision. None of you made any comments on Mary Cohr… has anyone heard about these products?? I used them before and wouldn’t replace them with anything, they are fantastic! I was only thinking of Dermalogica because everybode knows it. Will look into Eve Taylor though, thank you!

Hi guys,

I am the owner of the tanning shop and now planning to do beauty as well. I was trying to rent a room to a beautician but failed twice and now I have almost decided to do go into a partnership with somebody. I found really nice girl but its all new to me and very scary in the current financial times! The advice I need from you is whether to go for Dermalogica or Mary Cohr products? Although I prefer Mary Cohr I am thinking that I could have a better shot with Dermalogica as it is more popular? Also Jessica or Opi for nails?

Agi

I love Mary Cohr!!!

I know what you mean, it's so hard to decide on one brand.

I used to stock Mary Cohr, Gatineau and Phytomer in my salon. You can pick all the best sellers from each range if you order through The Skincare Sanctury.

x

We use Jessica in the salon. The treatment side is strong, although I am not sure clients would mind either. The retail is what makes it for us. The Jessica products sell well, especially on our website.

Price point is always important of course.

Just to let you know Dermalogica has been pulled out of boots as they never surpplied them in the first place they got it through a third person and they have been closed down. Dermalogica will never be sold in boots or anywhere except salons as you need training to sell the products which is free and any other course you want to go is free.

Kirsty

Hi, I have just checked Boots website and they are still selling Dermalogica products on there.....it is only 11 products so not all the range. I have also worked with Dermalogica and they are very good products, but it is abit worrying if Boots continue to sell them.

I read in a magazine somewhere the other day that Dermologica have taken up a dispute with boots and them selling their product in alot of the bigger stores.

It also said that they are rewarding anyone for identifying these larger stores due to boots supplier not being an authorised to sell to them. Ended with boots looking to strike a deal with dermologica but thus far not getting anywhere.

I wish I could remember which magazine I got it from but I found another story about it here

hth and sorry for hijacking the thread :)

Hi guys,

Agi

What are salons in your local area using? To be honest I don't see a lot of point in using Dermalogica if 5 salons up the road from you are also using it.

Latest posts

Back