dermalogica start up dilema

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lublu

Reaction score
dermalogica start up dilema
bit of a strange one i know....
I have been looking in to various skin companies for the last twelve months to try and find the one most suitable for me and my customers.
had derm info pack and the rep came out to see me - was impressed by there training especially but it was more than i could afford - min order about 5000 inc vat without any exclusivity
I was talking to someone else who owns a salon and they are absolutley adamant they paid a fraction of that to start up and have it in their salon recently
I have no reason not to believe them but why would we get such conflicting info??? especially if it puts me and others off opening an account.
Has anyone else had this experience with dermalogica?
Do they definatley have a specific min start up order? or have they seen my salon and pitched high??
bit confused here....
thanks
lucy :irked:

we have discussed this before, so on the menu bar above, go to search, type in dermologica and you will see lots of threads discussing this very subject.

also type in facials, as they crop up in those discussions too.

I think, from memory, the start-up is £3k, so they are possibly trying it on.

I had a Matis rep come to see me recently and when she sent me a proposed starting up order, I was unsure if she had been on the same planet as me on the same day, as her suggestions had nothing to do with our 1 hour discussion, plus 3 times as much as had anticipated.

Hi,

When I first looked into stocking Dermalogica there min order was about £2,500 (for the home/small salon) and then more recently when I got in touch with them it was £3000 due to new products being added the larger salon package is just over £4000

I will pm you some other details as I just placed my order with them yesterday so all details fresh in my mind !

If you are going to get it I would go for it now as the new age range is being launched in may so i imagine the min order will increase again.

I know what you mean about the exclusivity but after thinking about it I don't think its a massive problem as if you are a new salon you will get clients from the brand name alone and if you are already an established salon you already have your clients.

Im sure I will upset a few of the salons near me that stock it (over mile away) but at the end of the day I already have lots of facial clients i am just adding a new range to offer more choice to my existing clients.

Latest posts

Back