Designing leaflets.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZOE!

Reaction score
I know this has been asked a trillion times but i need help. I need some leaflets to hand out, i have been renting for about 3 weeks now and have a small amount of clients. I gained these through the local newspaper but want to hand out leaflets too as it is a bit slow. The thing is i cant afford anything too expensive and i cant do them myself as my printer is not working. Any ideas on what to do? Thank you it would be very much appreciated.x

Why don't you design them on your computer, copy them onto a cd and take this to a printer to print for you?

xxxx

I would but i havent the slightest what to do. Do i just use word or somethinig

zoeCU said:
I would but i havent the slightest what to do. Do i just use word or somethinig

Yeah, I've done mine in word, you will need to try different things, I can't give you instructions because it depends in what version of MS Office you have. It is very frustrating but you get there in the end :)

xxxx

If you are going to take them to a printer the resolution of the images etc will need to be 300dpi (dots per inch) or higher.

publisher is a good program to use x

You could also do some business cards if you go to vistaprint.co.uk. they do a special offer of 250 free business cards. You can design them yourself. They charge if you change the font or want the cards glossy but its only a small charge of around £7 and they are of excellent quality.
For leaflets have a look through the yellow pages, there are some companies that will design the whole thing for you and the prices are fairly reasonable

I started off using publisher and then putting onto a disc for the printer to print from, really straighforward give it a go

alli

Type it in word save it on disc and go to your local library and print it off, then photocopy it.
If you use the drawing toolbar in word (insert, picture wordart) then you can get a nice large font for your logo and then put a text box and write inside it what you want it to say. insert an image and your well away..then go to draw at the bottom where the drawing toolbar is and if you click on each item and press down shift then go to group you can keep them all together. Then just go to copy and paste and move the second one nto positiona nd you have two on one A$ sheet.

hope this helps a litle if you need anymore help pm me.
x

Have a go at doing it in Word as the other Geeks said. Just use different fonts, colours, sizes etc. Its amazing what you can come up with if you have a good play.

I did mine in Word and was really pleased with the results.

Goodluck. XX

You could also try a local printer, do you have Minuteman Press where you are? They will design something simple for you, no charge, and the printing of 1000 A5 leaflets can be anywhere between £15 - 40, quite reasonable don't you think?

vista print like above or try www.dcp-print.co.uk they do the free business cards and olny charge for postage- £6.99 and they also do leaflets etc but i think it gets more expensive if you go that way.

There are always business cards at the reception at my gym you just need to get some and ask if you can leave them in places.

As for using word, if you can get hold of any photos of your work you can cut and paste them onto your page and you can produce some good stuff

I have word 2000 and if you go to file - new - publications - brochure, it gives you a template for a trifold leaflet, really easy after that as everything is laid out for you.

zoeCU said:
I know this has been asked a trillion times but i need help. I need some leaflets to hand out, i have been renting for about 3 weeks now and have a small amount of clients. I gained these through the local newspaper but want to hand out leaflets too as it is a bit slow. The thing is i cant afford anything too expensive and i cant do them myself as my printer is not working. Any ideas on what to do? Thank you it would be very much appreciated.x

I did mine is microsoft word and it's so simple. I just put my pricelist on it. I would like to have it done again to the professional but money is too tight for now. If only I could do it myself professionally I would like to know too.

Latest posts

Back