Different gel polish brand removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

studdedskull

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Happy Friday!

Is there a thread in here somewhere that gives gel polish removal tips for different brands.
I'm mobile and trained in Gelish soak off only. Some of my clients need non-Gelish gel removed prior to application and that's where I struggle as it can take ages for it come off. CND comes off absolutely fine. It's when the client doesn't know what brand they have or if it's other than Gelish or CND.
I know some need to be buffed before soaking off. If anyone has any hacks, thread links , YouTube links relating to this I'd be very grateful.
Thanks

If the client doesn't know which brand they're wearing I now buff off the top coat prior to wrapping for a minimum of 10 mins.

If the client doesn't know which brand they're wearing I now buff off the top coat prior to wrapping for a minimum of 10 mins.
Even if they do 'know' the brand I buff. They have sworn blind in the past that is shellac but removal tells me otherwise, and you've lost a good 10 minutes!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Vic, you are so right.

Yep I'm with pure and vic. I alway buff the top coat. One customer insisted it was shellac but after wrapping for ten minutes it wouldn't budge. Took forever to get off. I also charge client for removal of product I didn't apply. Xx.

Latest posts

Back