Dipping?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emma's nails

Reaction score
hi, i'm quite new to all this and i did my sister-in-laws nails last week (pics in my gallery).

I used french tips with L+P and was puzzled when she said that the last 2 times she had acylics done, the tech painted the liquid onto her nails one by one, then dipped her finger tips into the powder??? i am so puzzled. she assured me that they were definately acrylics and that the end result was exactly the same.

is this a different system? i've never heard of this before

emma

emma's nails said:
hi, i'm quite new to all this and i did my sister-in-laws nails last week (pics in my gallery).

I used french tips with L+P and was puzzled when she said that the last 2 times she had acylics done, the tech painted the liquid onto her nails one by one, then dipped her finger tips into the powder??? i am so puzzled. she assured me that they were definately acrylics and that the end result was exactly the same.

is this a different system? i've never heard of this before

emma

Hi there,
Yep thats a resin dip system, EC Resin and very fine Polymer powder is being used....... Backscratchers have a great system, but sometimes Techs use a generic brush on Resin and polymer powder.....
The end result can be fab, but as it is resin it can break down over time in water, the sides are usualy the first to crumble, the use of a good oil like Solar Oil is a must as it keeps the coating in fab condition.....

This system is not an L&P system, which is liquid monomer and powder polymer........

thank you. think i'll give that one a miss and keep with the normal L+P.

emma x

emma's nails said:
thank you. think i'll give that one a miss and keep with the normal L+P.

emma x

I have recently purchased acrylic dipping system from "the Edge", but have never used it, because I have been told that it is not hygenic (think i have spelt that wrong) I would like to give it a go, but other people have told me to sell it on before I open it, because its bad news.....help please, should i have a go or should i sell it on.....
Sorry that i have not been much help to you, but in similar situation, dont know what is for the best
advice please someone
cheers

karrie said:
I have recently purchased acrylic dipping system from "the Edge", but have never used it, because I have been told that it is not hygenic (think i have spelt that wrong) I would like to give it a go, but other people have told me to sell it on before I open it, because its bad news.....help please, should i have a go or should i sell it on.....
Sorry that i have not been much help to you, but in similar situation, dont know what is for the best
advice please someone
cheers

Hi Karrie hopefully someone can answer your question concerning The Edge, but i do use Backscratchers dipping system all the time and i really love working with it, i havent heard that its unhygienic to use so would too be interested x

Hiya

Its not un-hygienic (cant spell either) LOL You dip into the powder and beacuse the resin is wet it only collects a certain amount and anyway wouldnt you have sanitised your clients hands in the first place!!!!!

Did that make sense LOL too much wine last night me thinks

Amanda

I use backscratchers on my own nails and it is absolutey fab. No lifting at all, which I cant say for other l&p products I apply as I seem to have those little oily nails which are a devil to do. My l&p stay on other people, but not on me.

So I can definitely recommend the backscratchers.

Hi

I totally agree, the clients hands and nails are well sanitized sooo. However if this still concerns you what you can do is 'poof' the powder over the resin using a pipette. That way the only thing going in your powder is the pipette.

Cant comment on the system you have chosen but i have used the backscratchers dip and i can reccomend it.

Latest posts

Back