disclaimer forms

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Posh Paws

Reaction score
can anyone advise me please ........

i have recently gone mobile and set up insurance etc with my company ..... one of the clauses on my insurance state that a disclaimer form must be signed by the client to say
they have no allergies etc..... now i know we cannot do a patch test as the product goes on the nail..... (although we could do a sample nail if client did have an allergy)
is there a type of form that you can buy to get all clients to sign before they have gel nails applied to cover any unwanted mishaps...... thanks in advance
sorry if this sounds dumb xx

can anyone advise me please ........

i have recently gone mobile and set up insurance etc with my company ..... one of the clauses on my insurance state that a disclaimer form must be signed by the client to say
they have no allergies etc..... now i know we cannot do a patch test as the product goes on the nail..... (although we could do a sample nail if client did have an allergy)
is there a type of form that you can buy to get all clients to sign before they have gel nails applied to cover any unwanted mishaps...... thanks in advance
sorry if this sounds dumb xx

I would have thought an ordinary consultation form would be enough. Most ask the question do you have any allergies..No ..signed.Maybe this is what your insurance company require.

I would have thought an ordinary consultation form would be enough. Most ask the question do you have any allergies..No ..signed.Maybe this is what your insurance company require.

I always ask this question but they say that as a nail tech you should have it in writting so you have something to cover yourself should the worst happen if not they can sue!!!! as its your word against theirs .... i didnt know if there were a legal form that therapists used or wether you just make your own ?
Its all new to me so not really sure which way to turn ....:hug:

If its on a consultation form as a question and they have answered it and it has been signed by them surely thats good enough.

You can get client consultation forms/cards from wholesalers. This should cover everything.

You can add the disclaimer to the bottom of the consultation card, an example could be~:

i hereby declare i have no known allergies to the products you have discussed with me, and am happy for treatment to proceed without a patch test. All other medical and lifestyle data is correct to the best of my knowledge.

HTHs

Thanks everyone i do use consultation cards but i use them to refer to the treatment they have had or are having there is no where that the client signs so i guess i will have to add this. nail record cards are normaly used to go through whether or not they have allregies etc which i have been doing and totaly understand what you guys are telling me. just no where that actually states they are happy for you to proceed treatment.

thanks for all the help on this one :hug:

What insurance company are you with>someone with the same may be able to advise whether you need anything extra.

Because I use Creative I also use their own client consultation cards which includes somewhere for them to sign. Does your supplier not also produce something similar?

Because I use Creative I also use their own client consultation cards which includes somewhere for them to sign. Does your supplier not also produce something similar?

I have checked with them but unfortunatly they dont and as i said i use the cards that is on the link above ...... i guess i will need to add my own disclaimer just thought maybe you could buy them ?

:hug:

Hey, I know that this is an old post,

But does anyone have a sample disclaimer form that gives me an idea as to what goes on there??

I am doing my own, and I am affraid that I miss anything out.

Thanks

xxxxxxxx:confused:

I have my own which i print myself (word doc) and has my logo at the top, it asks about allergies and where you sign states they have read thru and understand the form and will inform therapist of any changes that could affect treatment.
Isn't that enough???

Latest posts

Back