disclaimers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cathill

Reaction score
Im due to do a spray tan tomorrow the lady has just rang to see if i can do her 13 year old daughter aswell. Do i need her to sign anything to say she gives permission and what should be on it. If shes not covered on insurance is there any point in one and should i be doing it?? Bit confussed!! anyone help?:irked:

I would recommend that you have a disclaimer for any new client you take on to make sure it is covered under your insurance. Most of the spraytan training that is offered is accredited so that you can get your service insured.

If the mother is there also and will sign the disclaimer and she and her daughter are both happy for her to be tanned and fully understand the whole procedure with what to do before and after and what not to do, then I would think there should be no problem but it might be worth having a look at your insurance if there is any clause in it for treatments on under 18 year olds?

no children under 16 arent thats why it would be me personally that would get sued so on it im going to put neither myslf or my companys name accept any responability for any skin damage or complaint that may occure as a result of this treatment or something like that my dads here now hes helping me!! haha thanks xx

To be honest if that is the case and from a professional point of view I would not recommend doing this as it could get you into a whole lot of trouble of things that you might not even be able to expect.

Also there is reasons behind why the insurance has got certain points listed so I would stay away from that.....

You must check with your insurance company to see what their policy is. It is also worth bearing in mind that some companies will now not accept disclaimers, so do not automatically assume that this will cover you.

ok thanks everyone!

for everyclient we doa spray tan on we make them feel out record cards even if they come in 4 times a month they fill one out 4 times a month!! we explain it covers us, make sure they still doing everything correct!! xxx

Latest posts

Back