Displaying Nail Art?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bridget1802

Reaction score
Hi

Im really interested in doin nail art,I need to get an airbursh kit when I can afford one!! (other than that my visa will help me out)

But in the meantime how do u display your nail art?, I am considering buying a colour pops from creative the big one is about £50, any other ideas that look just as effective??

Thanks
Bridge xx

i have put mine on a blank canvass and placed it in my shop window. katie xxx

If you use the search option (top right corner) and put in something like 'nail + art + display' you'll find loads of post about displaying nail art - there have been some really inspired suggestions :D

Happy reading

love that idea!

I have some A4 card with a design on it and I covered it in sticky back plastic, then stick the nails on with blu tac, so i can change the display about and take off old ones and so on and the board does not get damaged

i also put mine in a cd case. does not cost anything as i always have spare ones and its nice and compact for carrying around.

I have mine in a photo frame with a black background and the glass over the top so none of them get lost and its really easy to carry around.

I have mind on anaila rt display boar holds 40 and a childrens one is a paleete from spangles that is easy to carry around.

hTH

i also have the nail art boards lucia,,i have just spent most of the night rearranging them all

for a cheaper alternative to colour pops, i got some oasis (the square block stuff you put dried flowers in) covered it in tissue paper to match the colour scheme then decoreated tips with nail art, polish colours etc and stuck lolly sticks (from hobbycraft) to the back then placed them in the oasis, looks great and only cost about £5, i wish i had a pic to show you but everything is now packed

I Have My Tips Glued Onto Wooden Coffee Stirrers(aquired From Maccy D's) And Displayed In A Small Glass Vase With Pretty Coloured Pebbles. This Is For Home. For Mobile I Have Others Stuck Into Cd Cases.

i just got some nice A5 card ,put a design on it ,then stuck my nails onto it.then to protect them i put them in a pink A5 ring binder.it looks really nice. and its handy if your mobile.x

pink fairy
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I drill a small hole in mine at top of nail and thread through thin leather cord put about 20 on each one, very good for storing and for mobile techs and they dont get dusty.

Thanks for all the good ideas, but in the end I ordered the colourpops from creative it cost me just over £50 quid cos I couldnt do things by halves and get just a small one!!

Well Ive just got home from work and its arrived!! but its blo*dy huge!! not to mention I hadnt thought about how creative im gonna have to be to fill 87 different colour pops, if I needed an incentive to get an airbursh kit then this is defo it!!

But in the meantime as my visa needs a rest can anyone recomend an decent nail art books, ive just got nail artistry could do with summot with more pictures!!:eek:

Thanks
Bridge

For the purpose of training, we use hundreds of tips and the most cost effective way we have found is to glue the tips on to skewers using a glue gun.

We then decorate them and display them in a nice vase.

If you put a price on the back of it, the customer can discreetly look at them all whilst you are doing their nails and won't be shy about asking how much it will cost to have that on their nails.

We do a lot of nail art just on the one nail (usually ring finger) The reason is because when you work in a salon, the appointments usually run every hour or so and you can't allow extra time just incase they want nail art. We try to display nail art that won't take too much time (1 or 2 minutes maybe) then they can have it on the ring finger of both hands. It doesn't cost them the earth and they have fab 'customer pulling' nails that will hopefully get noticed.

Everyone is happy here - you get an extra few ££'s per client - your customer has great looking nails and you hopefully get a few new customers after she flashes them off to all her friends !!

If you have a salon with say 4 technicians - each one takes an extra £3 per client per day for the nail art (6 clients per day) That's an extra £72 per day and a whopping £360 per week !!

There are loads of stickers and stones you can get now that make nail art so quick, easy and effective.

Gina

Latest posts

Back