Do I need a new brush????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rose143

Very Proud Creative Geek
Reaction score
Hi peeps,

Please forgive me if this is a stupid question but do I need a new brush because when I wipe my brush with a lint free pad before putting him back in his bed, I find bright yellow marks on the pad afterwards. Does this mean my brush is contaminated? It does not seem to be affecting my work at all, I haven't noticed anything different :confused:

Please help peeps

xxxx

I sure does seem like your brush is contaminated but if you are not having problems ... I would get a new one at the show in any event.

Hi Rose,

I remember my last brush doing this & it left the nails with an unsightly yellow tinge on them. So i treated myself to a new one asap & had no probs since! HTH xxx

Thanks for your replies peeps, I have been checking to see if it leaves a yellow tinge on the nails and it doesn't seem to ... oh well ... I'll just get a new one to be on the safe side I think.

xxxx

mines started to do this too.... old one went the same way....
I'd like to know what i'm doing to make it go that way in the first place? I always store it flat in a cut off pipette, always give it a good clean in fresh monomer after every use..
am i dipping it too far into the liquid or something thats making it go into the ferrul and go yellow?? cant work it out otherwise, my handle does seem to get a bit sticky too, does anyone else get that?
cant keep buying new brushes!! help..... xx

Aspirations said:
mines started to do this too.... old one went the same way....
I'd like to know what i'm doing to make it go that way in the first place? I always store it flat in a cut off pipette, always give it a good clean in fresh monomer after every use..
am i dipping it too far into the liquid or something thats making it go into the ferrul and go yellow?? cant work it out otherwise, my handle does seem to get a bit sticky too, does anyone else get that?
cant keep buying new brushes!! help..... xx

Hi Sherrie,

My handle gets a little sticky from time to time, I just use scrubfresh to regularly clean it, works well.

xxxx

I definately think it could be that your dipping it too far into you liquid and shoaking it through to the ferrul Sherrie!

This is only a personal observation though.!!!!!!!

My last OPI brush started leaving a yellow residue along the inside of its container, i thought it could have been the fact that i didn't use this perticular brush that offen and leaving it over a period of time without use had caused this problem (i have a better creative brush i use the majority of the time)
I gave it a thourough clean, disposed of the old plastic tube it was kept in and layed it on a clean lint free pad, i havn't had a problem since.

luv 'n' hugs
xxxxxxxxxxxx

christi said:
I definately think it could be that your dipping it too far into you liquid and shoaking it through to the ferrul Sherrie!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

that pretty much sums it up, if your ferrule is the least bit sticky you are getting monomer on it and you may be inadvertantly overexposing yourself. Make sure to never dip your brush into the monomer past the ferrule. Only get the bristles, you may be over filling your dappen dish. (the most obvious and overlooked cause of brush contamination) If your dish is too ful you sumberge too far, get monomer up in side the ferrule and it pulls in contaminates.

Take a few seconds the next set or rebalance you do and check, it wouldn't hurt to get a new brush so that it doesn't cause problems down the road. HTH

Do any of you who keep your brush in a cut off pipette clean the pipette? and if you do what do you use?

If you don't clean it, how often do you give your brush a new pipette?

I'm having the same problem, I'm glad its not just me. Will have to treat myself to a new brush soon and look after it better.

Latest posts

Back