Do you think I'm crazy, new salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how is everyones salons going?

im very close to getting my keys scary and exciting

Sent from my GT-I8160 using SalonGeek mobile app

Exciting!! So where is the salon? Still coming in for you to sort my eyebrows out! There even worse since I singed them with a lighter!! Lol xx

Thank you for all the kind feedback everyone!

I thought I was replying to this thread, but I have replied to a different one! I guess it's late and I am still tired! Hang on ... will go copy...

Here's ours - we had our opening party on Wednesday and I just uploaded the photos now (I have been THAT tired since!).

Hope you like :)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151627431202322.1073741833.39040597321&type=3

Still so much to do - but at least we are getting there!

Chris

x

iv decided to open my own brow and nail bar.
After a lot of research, i feel pretty clued up on what im doing.

I have no savings and am just going to scrape together solicitor fees by selling things at a car boot.

I have all the products I need and will keepy eye on ebay and freecycle for furnishing.

There's a lot to be said for, when you have nothing, you have nothing to lose.

If this all goes wrong, I don't have anything to lose, I rent and have no assets, worse case I could end up bankrupt.

If this is successful, i will have something to leave my daughter :)

Am i a total loon

Sent from my GT-I8160 using SalonGeek

wow i wish i had this fearless attitude, your very brave! this is something i have always waned to do and hopefully one day I will. i admire it so much as it isnt easy to just go out there and get what you want these days!!!

how have you got on? is your salon open yet and where a bouts? i will come and visit one day and if your ever looking for staff then give me a call!

Classic your salon is stunning, you must be so proud, I'm sure it will be a huge success well done xxx

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Business terms in general: When a new company Ltd or not has no financial reports, the landlord will ask for a deposit which can be up to 12 months rent, it's not always this high the usual is 3 months but does vary.

Classic your salon is stunning, you must be so proud, I'm sure it will be a huge success well done xxx

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you Donna! Cxx

iv decided to open my own brow and nail bar.
After a lot of research, i feel pretty clued up on what im doing.

I have no savings and am just going to scrape together solicitor fees by selling things at a car boot.

I have all the products I need and will keepy eye on ebay and freecycle for furnishing.

There's a lot to be said for, when you have nothing, you have nothing to lose.

If this all goes wrong, I don't have anything to lose, I rent and have no assets, worse case I could end up bankrupt.

If this is successful, i will have something to leave my daughter :)

Am i a total loon

Sent from my GT-I8160 using SalonGeek

Can you apply for a grant x

not that i have found so far, im to old for a lot of them

Sent from my GT-I8160 using SalonGeek mobile app

Could anyone point me in the right direction of a good business plan template please :)

Just reading this it's a great thread, I'm currently negotiating my first salon myself, some if you may be interested in a company I found called school for start ups that offer loans to 18-30 yr olds that are starting up a new business. They have been really helpful and u thought I wouldn't receive it but I have have been given what I asked for. I am 30 too and thought I was too old due to the age on the website.

I have worked mobile got a long time and this is a huge step for me and very exciting I'm hoping to hear back from the landlord in the next few days. The property however is a bit of a mess and going to takes a lot of work which the landlord wants to control. I want to be open by mid November.

Wish me luck and congratulations and good luck to everyone else too.

Wow salon looks huge classic! Very nice :) how's the salon plans coming along tjo??
We have been open 3 weeks now so far it's going well I've been working 70 hours a week with 3 children it's not easy! I'd also recommend you have a pot of funds for cash flow purposes.

Oh and best of luck bonkers be very hard when it comes to the negotiation, ask for 6 months rent free! Minimum deposit be savy xx

Just reading this it's a great thread, I'm currently negotiating my first salon myself, some if you may be interested in a company I found called school for start ups that offer loans to 18-30 yr olds that are starting up a new business. They have been really helpful and u thought I wouldn't receive it but I have have been given what I asked for. I am 30 too and thought I was too old due to the age on the website.

I have worked mobile got a long time and this is a huge step for me and very exciting I'm hoping to hear back from the landlord in the next few days. The property however is a bit of a mess and going to takes a lot of work which the landlord wants to control. I want to be open by mid November.

Wish me luck and congratulations and good luck to everyone else too.

Ooooh I'm guna have a look at this company I'm 30 too and would love help to get started before I'm too old! :-( where are you thinking of starting? Is it a good location?
Let me know how you get on... Good luck

Ooooh I'm guna have a look at this company I'm 30 too and would love help to get started before I'm too old! :-( where are you thinking of starting? Is it a good location?
Let me know how you get on... Good luck

I applied a week ago and signed all documents today and should receive my loan amount in the next few days. I was 30 a month ago so wanted to give it a try before being told I was out the age bracket. My salon will be in Manchester it's a busy location only a small shop but big enough and due to the size no business rates apply I'm really excited
Good luck to you too any questions I'm happy to help x

Oh and best of luck bonkers be very hard when it comes to the negotiation, ask for 6 months rent free! Minimum deposit be savy xx

Thank you, I doubt I'll get any rent free this landlord is not easy to negotiate with. I want something free though lol x

Wow salon looks huge classic! Very nice :) how's the salon plans coming along tjo??
We have been open 3 weeks now so far it's going well I've been working 70 hours a week with 3 children it's not easy! I'd also recommend you have a pot of funds for cash flow purposes.

Just spotted this now! Thanks for the compliments!

The salon and spa are coming on amazingly well, thanks for asking!

How are you doing?

:)

I applied a week ago and signed all documents today and should receive my loan amount in the next few days. I was 30 a month ago so wanted to give it a try before being told I was out the age bracket. My salon will be in Manchester it's a busy location only a small shop but big enough and due to the size no business rates apply I'm really excited
Good luck to you too any questions I'm happy to help x

Oh so small businesses don't pay business rates?! That's good to know! Fantastic..... Wow... Your own salon at 30(round of applause) wishing you loads of success! X

Certain size shop that fall under a certain rateable value get upto 100% rates relief.

But it's a year by year thing. It's never guaranteed. My council wrote to me each year to let me know.

I'm in my third year and its still going, and I hope it continues for some time.

Jemima :)

Certain size shop that fall under a certain rateable value get upto 100% rates relief.

But it's a year by year thing. It's never guaranteed. My council wrote to me each year to let me know.

I'm in my third year and its still going, and I hope it continues for some time.

Jemima :)

So does the shop have to be tiny to get out of rates? Do you have to pay council tax or something else instead of the rates?

So does the shop have to be tiny to get out of rates? Do you have to pay council tax or something else instead of the rates?

It's about the rateable value which is by square foot and depends on how much retail space there is...the more retail space the higher the rates!!!no yogi don't pay anything else instead!

Latest posts

Back