Do you use a barrier cream prior to spray tanning?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm having a vani-t spray tan trial this Sunday at my house and il be discussing training with the therapist as she does the training too. Do just want to make sure I'm 100 % happy with the tan first then I can't wait to do the training.

I have no idea who to buy my maximise kit off though. I want great after sales and warranty any ideas?
Cheers

Well i trained with Nouvatan & always used there product and wouldnt ever change that now as i believe i have the best :) & they did a start up kit also with everything i needed to get going so i never had to look else where for the kit they ticked all my boxes hth good luck with your venture xx

Milliondollars. Thank u for the fab advice really appreciate it. Think I'm worried about people blaming me for patchy tan when they didn't do the prep work and then they will ge giving me bad publicity even though it's their fault as bad word of mouth does effect business. Is it the norm to get complaints with spray tan even though you do a great tan? How do you not take it personally?

Lisap. Il take a look at their website and training etc sounds great
Cheers
Nenee

Agreed. I did worry about that too initially but to be honest there is not much you can do if a client won't prep. They will tell you that they exfoliated etc so you have to tale their word for it. On your client card you can write something like 'the importance of preparation has been explained to me and I have followed advice' etc and get them to sign it and then they can't say you didn't tell them! If there are any areas on them that are obviously dry etc then point this out to them and apply barrier cream. If they are returning clients they obviously know what they are letting themselves in for!!
I have one girl who likes to be sprayed with a 14 even though she is clearly an 8!! She is so pale with gingery/red hair and it looks far far too dark but it's what she wants. She is a regular customer and has gone progressively darker over a few months and is now stuck on 14. I worried that its bad word of mouth for me' as she looks a bit odd but at the end of the day she has been a customer every week for over a year so you can't really fault it! I could turn her away but she would just to to someone else and they would do it for her. I look at it that hairdressers would advise you not to go a colour that didn't suit you but at the end of the day, if you insist they would do it.
Just make sure the tan is perfect!!
Xx

And in answer to your complaints, yes I have had some but if you look into it there is always a reason. Ie you get a phonecall 'oh my tan has faded so quickly' ,ask what they have done, 'oh well yes I did go swimming all day, have a jacuzzi and a sauna etc'. Or that their tan is patchy when you saw them put on their high waist skinny jeans as they left you !!
Just remember to check the tan before you finish and show it to them so they can see no streaks/patches etc xx

Milliondollars. Thank u for the fab advice really appreciate it. Think I'm worried about people blaming me for patchy tan when they didn't do the prep work and then they will ge giving me bad publicity even though it's their fault as bad word of mouth does effect business. Is it the norm to get complaints with spray tan even though you do a great tan? How do you not take it personally?

Lisap. Il take a look at their website and training etc sounds great
Cheers
Nenee

Yeh hun sure they will be happy to help :biggrin:

Word of mouth is a massive part of getting new business and building your reputation hun if you have good client care for starters u cant go wrong,the more tans you do your confidence will grow and more experience you will get
my clients always praise me regarding my prep and say " oh when i went to this salon they didnt do this and my hands where horrible" or "my nails where stained etc" its little things like this ul find they appreciate and it sticks in there mind :biggrin: x

I never use barrier cream when doing tans, but if someone has an extremely dry patch then i do pop a little moisturiser onto it. I use and supply Vani-T and for most tans you do not need to use a moisturiser. It is packed with essential oils and many other moisturising ingredients to help combat the the drying effect DHA has on the skin and therefore does not cling to dry areas like most other tans do. It is nothing to do with cost that I don't use barrier cream, I just don't need to. I don't think it is down to the therapist who is tanning or their ability to tan, I think it is more down to the solution that you use. I have used other brands in the past, and i needed to use moisturiser etc as they did grab at dry areas. Nenee, Hayley will go over a lot of this with you when she sees you this week, hope you like the tan :) xxx

I Use Tantruth Smoothing spray designed to be an all over moisturiser on the dry areas before a tan or can be used after to prolong the tan :)

Do any of you do patch tests?

Latest posts

Back