Do your treatments leap off the page??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StudioTracker

Reaction score
Your treatment list is the backbone of your business, it’s what people will use to judge whether or not to visit you and it provides you with the opportunity to sell yourself. How can you make you’re treatments leap off the page? Here are a few suggestions…

I Just Have to Have It!
Don’t be afraid to give treatments more quirky names. Boots’ range of Soap and Glory products stand out from the competition because they have original and distinctive names such as ‘Catch A Wrinkle While You Can’ day cream.

My body is a Temple!
Trends in beauty ingredients often follow those set by the food market. As the media continues to focus on the nutritional qualities of food, women are increasingly looking at the ingredients of what they put onto their bodies. Similarly, allergies are becoming more common, which has meant that women are more likely to look to avoid things which may cause them irritation, and looking for more natural ingredients.

• List all the botanical and herbal ingredients which go into your treatments and stress the nourishing effects these ingredients have on skin.
  • Like natural, products with organic ingredients have also seen a resurge of interest from consumers. Again, make sure you communicate these properties clearly. For example, an ‘Innocent as Mary’ organic bodywrapcould grab customer’s attention.

Very berry
Foods which contain high levels of antioxidants are known have been given the collective name ‘superfoods’ by marketers. This nutritional approach has filtered into the beauty industry and antioxidants are how a popular ingredient of beauty products. Such ingredients are derived from fruits and plants. You could give treatments which incorporate such ingredients names like “smoother than a smoothie” to play on the food theme.

A Trip Down Memory Lane
Treatment lists typically do just that, list treatments. Instead of relying on functional appeals, you can make treatments more attractive through an emotional appeal. This has been shown to change the way customers perceive a treatment and is particularly effective since people purchase treatments for emotional needs, rather than functional needs. Emotional appeals could be based on nostalgia or indulgence, such as a ‘Chocoholic’s body massage’.

The power of Trinny, Gok and Myleene Klass
In a recent survey, a large number of consumers reported that television shows were a significant factor in their decision to have a treatment. Makeover shows have been a fantastic advert for treatments, showing how effective they are.

• You could play on the popularity of makeover shows by incorporating them into your treatment list with a ‘10 years younger facial’ with anti-aging properties or a ‘Gok message’ with cellulite busting properties.

Groovy thread. You've got me thinking :green:

I have natural skin care products with catchy product names like: Scruff n Buff, Enliven Facial Scrub, Purifying Facial Toner & Berry Lush Lip Gloss... Choc Orange & Apple Splice....

Mmmmm wonder what else I can come up with??

I'm gonna go and do some thinking now :green:

Groovy thread. You've got me thinking :green:

I have natural skin care products with catchy product names like: Scruff n Buff, Enliven Facial Scrub, Purifying Facial Toner & Berry Lush Lip Gloss... Choc Orange & Apple Splice....

Mmmmm wonder what else I can come up with??

I'm gonna go and do some thinking now :green:

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback.

Latest posts

Back