Does anyone know of anything that will help get rid of the monomer smell besides ventilation?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBoudreau

Reaction score
I have windows open and fans going but it isn't enough!

The smell of monomer shouldnt be unbearable. If it is there is a high chance it contains mma. If not have you thought about purchasing a low odor monomer?

The smell of monomer shouldnt be unbearable. If it is there is a high chance it contains mma. If not have you thought about purchasing a low odor monomer?
The one I use is the CND Retention +. I don't believe it has MMA.

Just wanted to say I love the smell of Retention+ Lol

However, if it's an issue for you have a look at things such as excessive wiping of your brush. Does your bin have a lid and how frequently do you empty it?

Just wanted to say I love the smell of Retention+ Lol

However, if it's an issue for you have a look at things such as excessive wiping of your brush. Does your bin have a lid and how frequently do you empty it?
LOL...yes its lovely! NOT!
I use clean paper towels to wipe the brush, and as soon as I am done I put them in a ziplock baggie and how it away in a lid trashcan.

Try NSI Spa Aroma Free Nail Liquid, it literally has NO odour!

Try NSI Spa Aroma Free Nail Liquid, it literally has NO odour!
Hi,
NSI Monomer has NO smell! Are you sure you have a genuine product?

Just because it smells doesn't mean it's not a genuine product.

Retention+ does stink. So do most of them ...my husband can't bear it lol (work from home)

I have to say after 12 years in the industry I barely notice it any more but clients do remark if they're new to nails. When I first smelled acrylic liquid I did wonder how I was going to be able to work with it!

Have you tried gels? They really don't smell. I think some people's noses are more sensitive than others lol xx

Just because it smells doesn't mean it's not a genuine product.

Retention+ does stink. So do most of them ...my husband can't bear it lol (work from home)

I have to say after 12 years in the industry I barely notice it any more but clients do remark if they're new to nails. When I first smelled acrylic liquid I did wonder how I was going to be able to work with it!

Have you tried gels? They really don't smell. I think some people's noses are more sensitive than others lol xx
Thank you for your reply, Blossom. And yes, I have tried gels, and yes, they are much more bearable. However, with being in school right now, the acetone I use on clients eats away at almost everything! So I have tried to stick with acrylics til I graduate and become a real nail technician. Then I will probably switch over to gels. Right now the only time I have to do my own nails is in our home. And that is where the smell really "hits home", no pun intended.
I appreciate your input!

Latest posts

Back