Does it sound like Dermatitis?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
Hi all

on my left thumb the side nearest my index finger for the last month/couple of months has been getting really dry and quite tough skin on it.

about 3 weeks ago i got a slight cut like a paper cut appear..this cleared up.

Now i notice little like pin prick blisters 'under' my skin and slight open cut and its very dry... poss a little flakey. (euck sorry if your eating!!)

Not itchy - not red, just a little sore when i catch it.

Bought some finger wrap, got some latex gloves.

Do you think it's over exposure/contact dermatitis?
icon_rolleyes.gif

Never had this before and havent got it anywhere else ?!?

Thanks

AMbx

It could be dermatitis, I got on one of my elbows when I worked in a Cash Office, I'm slightly alergic to nickle which is found in coins (and keys) but the constant rubbing of my elbows on the desk which was used to count coins on was not a good mix.

Go to doctors as soon as possible - I left it a while and now it keeps flaring up - he'll confirm what it is.

Good Luck - in the mean time witch hazel is good at stopping the itching or Neatrogean (the Swedish Hand Cream People) do a 'calm Balm' which is also very good.

DON't SCRATCH IT - YOU'LL MAKE IT WORSE IF IT IS DERMATITIS!

YOU are the only one qualified to answer this question.

Dermatitus doesn't happen unless you repeatedly expose yourself to something you should not be exposing yourself to. Are you getting monomer liquid on the side of your thumb as you work?? Watch very carefully what you do and I'm sure youwill discover the cause. In the meantime protect the area from any products.

Iv'e got exactly the same thing on my little finger, it started when I was doing my nails and my file slipped and scraped across the skin now it gets dry then itchy then small blisters and then sore I had exzema when I was young but haven't had it for about 20 years it looks very similar so I think it might be that. I haven't found anything that helps yet but if I do i'll let you know.

when i had my second boy i went through a (strange faze) caused by post natal.....i had to bleach everything skirting boards, floors work tops you name it, it was bleached (i am better now..lol) any how i develloped blisters tiny pinprick ones, under neath the surface of the skin on the palms of my hands,
this was down to, i believe over exposure caused by the bleach bleach, when i got better and stopped bleaching they went................so i do think what you have is similar and due to overexposure of some sought,(or i am totally off the mark here :o )
wiping monomer maybe on a desk towel and leaning on it or something else,
like geeg say pay close attention the next time you do a set of enhancements you may get a clue to what is causing your blisters
hth

Hi guys

not using any MONOMER at the mo only gel.

Bio/NSI and recently Brisa.

I am a one for not wearing gloves for cleaning though and i had my hands in bleach and allsorts at the weekend on a cleaning spree.

I personally think its got to be....

gel....acetone....or cleaning products i use.

Going to be very very carefull from now on...as i say never had it before...doesnt itch at all...just a bit sore.

thanks 4 replies

Ambx

Latest posts

Back