Drag - wanting nails done

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Takeabow

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I'm a gay guy who is wanting to get into drag, performing and earning an extra bob or two doing so. I'm wanting to find a nail technician who would be happy to do my nails for me. So far, I've contact several nail techs in my local area (manchester south, altrincham way) but none have yet to reply.

Was wondering if anyone here could help me find someone, or even better if anyone here would be ok with doing my nails for me.

I'm ok with going into a salon, although would prefer a quieter day to do so, so that I don't make any one else feel uncomfortable.

Many thanks
Steve x

I think you'll find you're not on your own here Steve. There have been many requests from guys wanting their nails done.
I don't do extensions but wish you luck finding someone good x

Hey Steve,

First of all i wouldn't worry about making anyone else feel uncomfortable, if they do thats there issue not yours! You are still a client no matter what your age / gender / race :)

Secondly, as your nails are more than likely going to be much wider than most clients I would recommend looking for some who can sculpt gels or acrylics. There are two ways to do nail extensions, one with tips and one with sculpting on forms. I think you'll struggle to get tips to fit correctly on you so would recommend sculpted nails.

Unfortunately i'm on where near you , but i'm sure they will be a lovely geek on soon that will help you or at least point you in the right direction :)

All the best,

Noreen

Thanks squid and Noreen.

I've had my nails done before, when I lived down in london (since moved up to manchester), and it's only really my thumb nail that has been a problem in terms of width. The tech I went to then did put tips on all my other nails but sculpted my thumb nail. Another was able to put a tip on the thumb, the biggest size she had, and it wasn't too bad, so hopefully this won't be too much of a problem.

Just be aware that some techs are competent in both tips and sculpts , but most do just one or the other :) It would be a shame to find someone and only be able to get 8 fingers done :p Make sure they can sculpt !!! haha

Just be aware that some techs are competent in both tips and sculpts , but most do just one or the other :) It would be a shame to find someone and only be able to get 8 fingers done :p Make sure they can sculpt !!! haha

Thanks for your advice Noreen. It means a lot. 8 fingers done and two thumbs note done is not a good look!!

Too bad you aren't near me (close to Toronto, ON Canada)

I would have sculpted and encapsulated and bling your nails!

Hi
Hi everyone

I'm a gay guy who is wanting to get into drag, performing and earning an extra bob or two doing so. I'm wanting to find a nail technician who would be happy to do my nails for me. So far, I've contact several nail techs in my local area (manchester south, altrincham way) but none have yet to reply.

Was wondering if anyone here could help me find someone, or even better if anyone here would be ok with doing my nails for me.

I'm ok with going into a salon, although would prefer a quieter day to do so, so that I don't make any one else feel uncomfortable.

Many thanks
Steve x

Hi Steve...

I'm in the Manchester area and would love to do your nails! I do use tips but also sculpt so I'm hoping I should be able to help.
Are you hoping to remove the nails after a performance though?
Regards
Hayley

Well done n@ilythere. Takeabow good luck in your new adventure.

Hi

Hi Steve...

I'm in the Manchester area and would love to do your nails! I do use tips but also sculpt so I'm hoping I should be able to help.
Are you hoping to remove the nails after a performance though?
Regards
Hayley

Hi Hayley

Thanks so much for your reply. I've actually had two different nail techs respond to me, one of whom who also does make-up, and is happy to provide a make-up session/lesson for me. As for taking the nails off after a performance, I'd probably like to keep them on for a while anyway! I really appreciate your offer though and get in contact at some point, if that's ok :)

Hi Steve . Think you e-mailed me Cat & Sara at Scarlet & Belle . We are in Bowdon and we are in a secluded area you would be the only client in .
Cat x

Hi Cat

I did indeed email you! I really appreciate you replying and looking forward to Sara replying as well!

Hi Steve, I'm in Oakmere, Cheshire. If your ever looking for anyone Manchester way again please give me a call, my Facebook page is PerfectlyPolishedOakmere.

Regards, Gaynor.

Wow, thank you so much everyone. When I created this thread I was worried that I might struggle to find someone who can help me. That is clearly not the case, and I appreciate so much everyone who has replied to my thread, and everyone who is willing to take me on as a client!

It's quite overwhelming really. I sent a few emails, left phone/text messages last week and didn't receive a single reply. I sent some more earlier this week, and since creating this thread, two have responded - one of these being Cathill who also posted earlier.

The nature of my work means that I have numerous quiet periods throughout the year, and it's during these quiet periods that I'll need to supplement my income. Hence why I'm thinking about getting into drag performance. It's something that has always fascinated me, and I figured, why not go for it!!

Again, thanks everyone for your help, acceptance, and advice. Gonna check out your facebook page now Gaynor :)

We've been doing a big wedding last couple of days but I'll make sure sara gets back to you tomorrow. We do a lot of tv's drags and having a lesson will be a big benefit to you.

Latest posts

Back