Dry & Shine as top coat...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercury

Reaction score
Hi there,

I use Creative products. Once I have applied a coat of Dry & Shine over the top of enamel, and wiped it shiney, is that it? Or do I need to also apply another top coat like Super Shiney? Seems like a silly question, but I'm just wanting to be sure....

Also, it says that Dry & Shine is moisturizing, is Super Shiney, too?

I am getting my nails back into good condition before applying enhancements and I have been using Toughen Up, enamel, then Dry & Shine (and Solar Oil once/twice a day) ~ they're really starting to come along now, although I'm still going to wait another month or so before using Brisa on them. The nail plates on two or three nails still have bumps and divets from poorly applied and removed previous enhancements (during training a couple of months ago and after 18mths of careless other techs going bonkers with electric files on them - the poor things came out so thin, with some onycholysis which has finally healed).

Anyway, if you can let me know about the top coat scenario, that would be great!

Katy
:)

just the dry and shine as far as i know!

You should apply your colour and your Super Shiney top coat FIRST. Then Dry & Shine which is a moisturizing cream and nail polish drier.

I ADORE Dry&Shine.

Super Shiney is a top coat and does not go on the skin.

Dry&Shine is applied over the nail and surrounding skin (thinly) ONE MINUTE after the Super Shiney Top Coat has been applied. Leave on for 4-5 minutes and then shine up. The enamel if applied correctly will be dry all the way through.

Dry&Shine is a hugely popular retail item !!

geeg said:
You should apply your colour and your Super Shiney top coat FIRST. Then Dry & Shine which is a moisturizing cream and nail polish drier.

I ADORE Dry&Shine.

Super Shiney is a top coat and does not go on the skin.

Dry&Shine is applied over the nail and surrounding skin (thinly) ONE MINUTE after the Super Shiney Top Coat has been applied. Leave on for 4-5 minutes and then shine up. The enamel if applied correctly will be dry all the way through.

Dry&Shine is a hugely popular retail item !!

oooh! i didnt know it went on skin too!

so is it being discontinued or am i thinking of something else??

The reason I edited you post is because it is not to my knowledge being discontinued. Please try not to post suppositions ... please? It causes so much bother and unless you know for sure its best to ask. That is precisely why I edited your post.

didnt notice you had

the reason i asked is because in the catalogue it says -LIMITED STOCK next to the dry and shine, thought this meant there would be no more when it all sold

sorry
x

Thank you, Geeg, that's great! Really clarifies what I'm to do - wow, alot of layers though, hey!!?

Katy
;)

Hi
Maybe this is a silly question but can you use the super shiney on nail enhancements without using colour? Would this give a better shine at all?

Mercury said:
Thank you, Geeg, that's great! Really clarifies what I'm to do - wow, alot of layers though, hey!!?

Katy
;)

DONZIE said:
Hi
Maybe this is a silly question but can you use the super shiney on nail enhancements without using colour? Would this give a better shine at all?

Yes Donna that's fine. I sometimes just buff with the 1200 side of the Koala and use super shiney instead of the Girlfriend buffer.

Hope this helps! :)

xxxx

I'd like to try dry and shine too. I've tried to order it a couple of times but its not been available. I also assumed it was discontinued especially given the footnote in the price list.

I'll have another go with my next order. Sounds like a good product - dont want to miss out!

Latest posts

Back