Drying nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natasha chapman

Reaction score
Hi guys jist wondering of any one has any tips on or if there is any of drying nail polish ive just done a pattern om nails and what I thought was ok to put top coat on wasn't and it smudged the design :(

Seche Vite top coat dries really quickly.

When using normal polish for nail art it's good to get a fast drying one like Vinylux. I use this a lot for either freehand art or stamping and haven't yet had a problem with smudging.

It's often the topcoat smearing, not the polish. I stamped over a day old manicure yesterday, pottered around the house, made and ate dinner and then went to apply topcoat (so ages later, plus stamping dries almost immediately anyway). The first nail I applied top coat to smeared very slightly, I then made sure to do super quick light strokes on the rest of them and this didn't happen, so try applying your topcoat like that. You can always do a second layer of topcoat if needed. For reference, I used the All That Jazz topcoat, I usually use Seche Vite which does not smear nail art and is amazing, but it must be applied to damp polish otherwise it will cause the polish to peel which is why I didn't use it. x

Another vote for Seche Vite.

Thsts what I used seche vite and it smudged lol will it have anything to do with the thickness of the polish

Did you float the top coat?

What you mean like kind of float it over the top so it doesn't hardly touch if that's what you meant yeah that's what I done :(

Strange, I rarely get smudging with Seche. What exactly did you use to do the design? Is your Seche ok? Is it in need of thinning or has it been over thinned? Was the design quite thick? If it was thick it might look smudged afterwards as it levels out with the top coat. Or did it actually smear on to the brush? The nails in my profile picture were topped with seche and one of those did actually smear because I top coated way too quickly and without being careful.

Strange, I rarely get smudging with Seche. What exactly did you use to do the design? Is your Seche ok? Is it in need of thinning or has it been over thinned? Was the design quite thick? If it was thick it might look smudged afterwards as it levels out with the top coat. Or did it actually smear on to the brush? The nails in my profile picture were topped with seche and one of those did actually smear because I top coated way too quickly and without being careful.
I think it was yesterday I was reading through a thread on here you commented on and I remember thinking ooh they're nice nails, lol! Great tip about the design being too thick, I always load on the acrylic paint and then wonder why it always smears when I topcoat even hours later!

By floating I mean putting a fair amount on the brush ie wipe one side so there is a small bead of top coat on the one side of the brush then float the top coat bead gently over the design rather than dragging the brush across. Not sure if that makes sense.

Latest posts

Back