Easier CND Shellac colours for starting out?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulamaula

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Can you tell me the colours that are opaque and easier to work with. I qualified only yesterday and i want to buy the easier colours (if any☺) to get started with. Thankyou xx

Now you'll find you split opinion. ....personally I find it easier to polish with dark colours, black, red, purple, etc. I lose control of pale colours, my side walls get all wonky as I cant see the line of polish properly. Give me a bold line of colour I can see :p

You can't go wrong with Red Baroness, Tartan Punk and Masquerade! These are great for starters and look stunning on!

All ok, steer clear of pale Matt pastels as they wrinkle under the lamp if even a tad too thick, so do Blackpool and fedora.

All ok, steer clear of pale Matt pastels as they wrinkle under the lamp if even a tad too thick, so do Blackpool and fedora.
Thanks everyone, all noted x

to be honest there is no point in avoiding certain colours , just be wary that certain colours will need to have thinner coats.

Many of them apply very easily but the trickiest ones that you need to be careful about putting on extra thin are fedora, blackpool, burnt romance, dark lava and cream puff. But these are beautiful colours and i think it would be a shame to miss out on them just because you are afraid of it wrinkling

Grab the bull by the horns and just go for I say :) haha

Your going to have to do it at some stage anyway :) just remember thin to win ! Always do 3 thin coats if colour is patchy rather than 2 thicker coats.

to be honest there is no point in avoiding certain colours , just be wary that certain colours will need to have thinner coats.

Many of them apply very easily but the trickiest ones that you need to be careful about putting on extra thin are fedora, blackpool, burnt romance, dark lava and cream puff. But these are beautiful colours and i think it would be a shame to miss out on them just because you are afraid of it wrinkling

Grab the bull by the horns and just go for I say :) haha

Your going to have to do it at some stage anyway :) just remember thin to win ! Always do 3 thin coats if colour is patchy rather than 2 thicker coats.
GReat advice Noreen im ready to grab those bulls

Noreen, have you a favouite nude and autumn dark colour? Trying to build up slowly x

Satin Pajamas is my favorite nude, and is the most popular with my clients as well but to be honest not that many people go for nudes.

Dark reds, blues and plums are popular nearly all year round with the standouts with my clients being tinted love (go through bottle of this), Masquarade (both of these are red/plummy colours) , midnight swim (very deep blue with silver shimmer in it), Dark Lava (dark plum).

If i could only choose one of those it would be tinted love, clients do choose this colour all year round and it suits all ages and skin tones :)

Satin Pajamas is my favorite nude, and is the most popular with my clients as well but to be honest not that many people go for nudes.

Dark reds, blues and plums are popular nearly all year round with the standouts with my clients being tinted love (go through bottle of this), Masquarade (both of these are red/plummy colours) , midnight swim (very deep blue with silver shimmer in it), Dark Lava (dark plum).

If i could only choose one of those it would be tinted love, clients do choose this colour all year round and it suits all ages and skin tones :)
Muchos thankyou

Avoid the frosted ones. Iced cappuccino and strawberry smoothie etc. You can see brush marks in them so if your marks aren't perfectly running straight up the nail it looks messy. Plus they are ugly and dated imo [emoji6]

Latest posts

Back