eBay

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawte

Certified Nail Technician
Reaction score
So I've learned my lesson when buying products from eBay. Before starting my course I had bought cheap products from eBay to practice as I had no other options because I wasn't licensed therefor could not buy products from supply stores in town. Having said all that I am wondering about the nail files and buffer blocks. I would like to stock up so I am using a new file and buffer on each client. What are your thoughts on these types of products from eBay. The price is right but are they safe?

I have bought some consumables off ebay with no issues. For eg: white block buffers, lint free pads, cuticle pusher.
Always get my gellux gel polish from correct supplier though, don't trust ebay or amazon for that.
I bought some lint free wipes from salon services and they were awful. Expensive and had little holes etched in them (a pattern I mean) but made my fingers all sticky as I found the inhibition layer soaked through the patterend holes onto my fingers.

I have since found a supplier on ebay that loes 2 giant rolls of lint free wipes, and there brill : )

HTH

I have bought some consumables off ebay with no issues. For eg: white block buffers, lint free pads, cuticle pusher.
Always get my gellux gel polish from correct supplier though, don't trust ebay or amazon for that.
I bought some lint free wipes from salon services and they were awful. Expensive and had little holes etched in them (a pattern I mean) but made my fingers all sticky as I found the inhibition layer soaked through the patterend holes onto my fingers.

I have since found a supplier on ebay that loes 2 giant rolls of lint free wipes, and there brill : )

HTH
Thanks for your response :). I will order a couple a see what happens I guess :)

Don't the suppliers you use carry those? Item for item, you may get a better deal on eBay, but have you accounted for the additional shipping costs and your time spent sourcing from multiple places? If you add that up you may (or may not) find it interesting :)

Don't the suppliers you use carry those? Item for item, you may get a better deal on eBay, but have you accounted for the additional shipping costs and your time spent sourcing from multiple places? If you add that up you may (or may not) find it interesting :)
Yes they do sell them in a lot if the stores here but I just saw some pretty purple files and buffer blocks on eBay that would match my home salon color :) Thanks for your reply :)

Just make sure they are the grit you want as most files and buffers are color coded for grit size

Latest posts

Back