Electrical facials - how important?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vicki2016

Reaction score
Hi
I've just become level 2 qualified and looking into my next step. I definitely want to do massage courses but what is your recommendations on completing the full level 3 with electrical facials as I'm not overly interested in this part. I wouldn't do this from home but I would like some experience before working for myself in a salon. Would I not get very far without having the electricals qualification?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks x

Electrical facials is a must for us but you can add it. You can do a two day electrical facials course if you need it x

My level 3 included it but it is a skill that has never been required of me in employment. Haven't used a facial electrical machine since college.

It really depends what you want to go into. If you want to work with certain brands then it is a must but a lot of places of employment deliver level 2 style facials only.

Level 3 general route, if that is what you are wondering about.. is proffered for employment as you are considered fully qualified. The A&P in level 3 is more in depth and covers more systems, more contraindications so even if you don't actually want to do the treatments, what you will learn will bridge from level 2.
Also in some areas it is a pre-requisite to have level 3 for a special treatment licence for massage (borough Licencing) (although i have heard some councils will accept a day course:mad:)

Level 3 beauty therapy massage route also covers the in depth anatomy and physiology, thus making someone a fully qualified beauty therapist. It is level 3 nails and level 3 makeup that do not cover the full body a and p.

Last edited:
Fair enough point taken. I thought facial electrical was general route and therefore is more generally provided by colleges, than massage or spa routes if you get me.

If you don't want to do electrical facials and are more interested in massage, you could carve out a career by doing level 3 massage route and then getting work in a spa. Spas can be easier to get a foot in the door with because they always need staff and will take people straight out of college whereas a lot of salons insist on more experience.

It's common to train in other treatments no matter what level 3 you do because the learning in this industry is ongoing so don't feel that a door will close based on the level 3 that you first choose. I did level 3 massage route where the college included the facial electrical unit but after this I trained in other level 3 units based on what I wanted to do at the time so there is lots of opportunity out there to do courses on top of courses anyway.

Electrical facial treatments are far more profitable than massage or regular facials, plus you have the added bonus of leading your clients into the retail options too.
Last night I did one client which netted me £325 for an hour's work. I did a mixture of peel, dermapen, meso cocktails, collagen veil and LED mask, most of which I wouldn't have been able to do without a facial electrical qualification.

Thanks all for the advice. Will look into it a bit further. Wow Lynne that is one very expensive treatment, lucky client!

Latest posts

Back