Electrolysis needles/holders advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beau-ty

Reaction score
Hi there, i am thinking of trying different needles and holders because at the moment i am having trouble with clients being able to feel the current one minute and then nothing. This happened a couple of weeks ago so i swapped the cables and holder for a spare but not a new one ( i use sterex and their needles) and it was fine working fine and now acting up again which makes me think its not the machine itself because iv not really had it that long-it is only the basic Skinmate but i don't do much to warrent paying for some of the more expensive ones.

Im looking at the Ballet needles and holders can anyone recommend these and would i need to adapt my procedure or current in any way as they are different to sterex? Or the Probex that Ellisons sell - these look ideal for hygiene but there are't different ones for sensitve skin as with the other brands .
Any advice would be appreciated - I have an old machine to test my sterex ones out on just to clarify what my problem id just thought if it is the holders/cables and i need to buy new that i would try another make.
Sorry for the waffle! x

I would get the machine checked over just to make sure - just because it is recent does not mean there is a fault especially if you have tried two needle holders.

Clients often feel varying sensations - this is not unusual but as you feel it is the equipment then the machine sounds the most likely.

Thanks going to get it checked, but i replaced a very old reconditioned one because of the same problem thinking it had had it, but it does still work and then same happening again with the newer after time - iv had to replace the holders and cables before so thinking they ready again.

Does anyone have any recommendations on Ballet needles???

I use mainly Ballet needles. They are one piece needles only. It depends on preference and the type of work you are doing.

hi, thanks think i might see if i can get a sample pack to try iv only been used to the sterex two piece so i'm not sure of the difference x

Hi there, I notice that the last post was written some time ago but unfortunately I'm having the same problem with the Sterex switched banana plug needle holder from Ellisons. Its not the first time either. I've been having to buy a replacement almost every year as they just don't seem to last for very long but at £30 each time, they're not cheap! The current becomes very intermittent and the connection seems to get lost. Its odd because when I clasped the needle with the tweezers to test it by pressing the button, the connection seems better but then stops working within the skin. Just wondered if anyone has an alternate product which heave had more success with like Probez as Beau-ty suggested.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

It sounds like the chuck (the bit that holds the needle) is not in contact properly. On some needle holders they can get distorted - you may be able to tighten with a pair of pliers. Another reason is when there is excess moisture in the holder, which inhibits the connection. I experience this sometimes due to minute amounts of sterilisation fluid still being present in the cap (I have an Apilus). Ballet also do needle holders so maybe try those.

Unfortunately the Sterex probes are not very well made and I have to replace them every 1 - 2 years. The machines are good and reliable but I think they do this to make extra money

It sounds like the chuck (the bit that holds the needle) is not in contact properly. On some needle holders they can get distorted - you may be able to tighten with a pair of pliers. Another reason is when there is excess moisture in the holder, which inhibits the connection. I experience this sometimes due to minute amounts of sterilisation fluid still being present in the cap (I have an Apilus). Ballet also do needle holders so maybe try those.

Hi there and thanks for your reply. Yes I think you have a good point in regard to the chuck as I soak mine in Barbicide fluid which then can take some time to dry properly afterwards. However it does happen every single time now even after when using completely dry chucks. I've also tried adjusting the chucks and needles but having spoken to Ellisons, the supplier about this, the lady told me that sadly the products are now made much more cheaply and therefore don't last for very long.

Unfortunately the Sterex probes are not very well made and I have to replace them every 1 - 2 years. The machines are good and reliable but I think they do this to make extra money
Hi there, I completely agree with you Littlebear... I was told by customer care at Ellisons that this is exactly the case. I find the same with the phD wax heater as this is another product that doesn't seem to have a very substantial shelf life. I'm guessing it must be a money making thing too. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back