Electrolysis- worth training in?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlebear

Reaction score
i am a qualified holistic beauty therapist, working in a clinic that carries out alot of laser and electrolysis treatments. i never trained in electrolysis but i guess its the most effect way of removing excessive blond hair grown, as laser only works on dark hair?should i train in electrolysis or maybe try threading, as some people have told me that electrolysis is a dieing trade.

I have heard that expression, a dying trade, but to me that makes it more worthwhile. If less and less therapists are bothering to train in it, then it's harder for clients to find a therapist, so they will seek you out.

Many clients need electrolysis... for varying reasons. Some may have an obvious beard, which in my opinion needs to go(!), some may have just a few course hairs that need attention every now and then, some like to have bikini and underarms done. For breast hairs, I think electrolysis is pretty much the only option. I'm not trained in laser, but I'm under the impression it's more suited to denser hair growth, but when hairs are sparse, it's pretty easy to pick them out with electrolysis.

It's a treatment that's very easy to cross sell. When clients are having other treatments you can tell them about it and often they will go home and mull it over, then decide to give it a go. There are also clients who don't have anything else done except hair removal because it's the only thing about their appearance that really bothers them.

With hindsight, I'm pleased I trained and made the investment in the equipment etc. My diary is definitely more full by offering electrolysis. You have to have a bit of patience and it can be a little bit fiddly, but it's also very rewarding.

I have heard that expression, a dying trade, but to me that makes it more worthwhile. If less and less therapists are bothering to train in it, then it's harder for clients to find a therapist, so they will seek you out.

Many clients need electrolysis... for varying reasons. Some may have an obvious beard, which in my opinion needs to go(!), some may have just a few course hairs that need attention every now and then, some like to have bikini and underarms done. For breast hairs, I think electrolysis is pretty much the only option. I'm not trained in laser, but I'm under the impression it's more suited to denser hair growth, but when hairs are sparse, it's pretty easy to pick them out with electrolysis.

It's a treatment that's very easy to cross sell. When clients are having other treatments you can tell them about it and often they will go home and mull it over, then decide to give it a go. There are also clients who don't have anything else done except hair removal because it's the only thing about their appearance that really bothers them.

With hindsight, I'm pleased I trained and made the investment in the equipment etc. My diary is definitely more full by offering electrolysis. You have to have a bit of patience and it can be a little bit fiddly, but it's also very rewarding.

Totally agree.Go for it.It may not be as popular as it once was but it is a very effective treatment when done properly and it will come back. light laser often isnt as effective as advertised.
Its worth doing advanced as well if you can eventually.

Yeah it is still the only method allowed to be called permanent removal, and if done properly it so sucessful. Try looking up the BIAE website for more information and training!!

Yeah it is still the only method allowed to be called permanent removal, and if done properly it so sucessful. Try looking up the BIAE website for more information and training!!

British Institute an Association of Electrolysis

thanks for the response, i think your right some people only visit a salon just to get hair removed and some people just can't afford laser as it is so expensive and although it does clear the area, it certainly isn't permanent

Latest posts

Back