Elite99 gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abbeylg

Reaction score
just wondering what the elite99 gel polishes are like.

They're not a professional product so it's unlikely you'll get much of a response in afraid! I'm sure there are plenty of threads on this brand already though you can find through the search option :)

Would you still use them on clients or not? i use cuccio but clients are wanting so many different colours/glitters it's hard to keep up with them prices! I have 40 of them already an it cost so much! thankyou!

We only use professional products.

They are the same as blue sky and all others out there.
As I mentioned in other post, I use their Matt top coat which I love, but can't comment much on their colours.
And yes, it is not a professional brand :(
Maybe you should try using additives and glitters to get different results :)

Nasty cheap unprofessional rubbish. To put it bluntly.

Bluesky is fab and they now offer pro training for bluesky

Bluesky is fab and they now offer pro training for bluesky

Despite training being offered, bluesky is from one factory in China regardless of who the distributor/stockist is and is the same as the junk on eBay so should b avoided by true professionals for all the reasons you can read about on threads on here if you do a search :)

I am a highly trained professional and have been using bluesky for the past 3 years

I have many products ie o.p.i, trugel, ibd, gelish these are my main collections. I charge 15 pounds and this includes cuticle work nail file and hand and arm massage. I also use cristina nail products from china and charge 10 for the same work just cheaper polish and 8 out of 10 clients have cristina. I have just bought about 80 or so elite99 products and hope they will get the same response! Some of my clients do not have money issues but still say they will have the 10 range. I am hoping to do the elite99 at £9 per set and see how it goes.... I do use opi or trugel base and top coat. I was hoping that anyone using elite99 would be able to comment on how long it last etc. thank you in advance

£9 for a gel polish?? Will you still do the same as you do for the £15 appointments and how long does the full appointment take including consultation?

I have many products ie o.p.i, trugel, ibd, gelish these are my main collections. I charge 15 pounds and this includes cuticle work nail file and hand and arm massage. I also use cristina nail products from china and charge 10 for the same work just cheaper polish and 8 out of 10 clients have cristina. I have just bought about 80 or so elite99 products and hope they will get the same response! Some of my clients do not have money issues but still say they will have the 10 range. I am hoping to do the elite99 at £9 per set and see how it goes.... I do use opi or trugel base and top coat. I was hoping that anyone using elite99 would be able to comment on how long it last etc. thank you in advance
I'm sorry but no professional who spent thousands of pounds on training would charge this low of a price. It's maddening!! £9?? You're not even making money for your time off or that. Just because the product is cheaper doesn't mean you keep lowering your price. You still need to consider an hourly wage for yourself.

I use cnd shellac and gelish. My gelish works out to slightly cheaper then a set of Shellac, do I charge a cheaper price for gelish?? Heck no! Both are set at £35. Its my time and training.

As I've said before, if I see nails this cheap I avoid like the plague.

I don't know how a professional can think this is good business so can only assume they're not a professional.

Vic x

I'm sorry but no professional who spent thousands of pounds on training would charge this low of a price. It's maddening!! £9?? You're not even making money for your time off or that. Just because the product is cheaper doesn't mean you keep lowering your price. You still need to consider an hourly wage for yourself.

I use cnd shellac and gelish. My gelish works out to slightly cheaper then a set of Shellac, do I charge a cheaper price for gelish?? Heck no! Both are set at £35. Its my time and training.
The going rate in our area is £12 to £20 so it is so hard to make anything if your price is high they do not come back and as I see it it is better to have customers coming back as they travel to hull and surrounding areas with groupon etc for nails at £8 so like i said earlier some clients have good money but do not like parting with it. And I am nvq level 3 trained for nearly 17 years. The beauty around my area is flooded and i earn a quarter of what i earned years ago because there are so many doing beauty and fighting to keep customers!!

£9 for a gel polish?? Will you still do the same as you do for the £15 appointments and how long does the full appointment take including consultation?
yes I do the same as the 15 appointment and the time depends on if they want removal and what condition nails and cuticles are in and a lot of my clients have arthritis so I do like to give there fingers and wrists a good massage.
When doing a pedi, which is my most popular treatment, I do scalpel work on hard skin and corns, cuticle work, cut and file, exfoliate up to knee, paraffin wax and then finish with hydrating cream and heated booties and polish and they pay 20 for this and if i ask 25 with gel polish, only one client of mine pays this the rest will not and want normal polish for 20. not the scope where I am, which is a shame

Last edited:
As I've said before, if I see nails this cheap I avoid like the plague.

I don't know how a professional can think this is good business so can only assume they're not a professional.

Vic x
I can assure you I am 17 years in the industry, just not the scope around here

I can assure you I am 17 years in the industry, just not the scope around here
on groupon in hull just looked up the going rate to see if offer is still on and they have bettered the deal hands and feet both for 14 or 8 for hands or feet

I wouldn't roll out of bed for that kind of money.

Mixed opinions on this. Clients pay for a professional product but then again they are also paying for a professional service. If a product is good and when applied professionally performs well, I can see why someone would choose to use it on clients.

The colours look nice. I think the real issue would be a question of knowing what is in the products in terms of being able to rule out whether or not they would trigger allergies because that could be an issue when it comes to insurance.

I have said this before and I will say it again. Would you go to a salon and pay salon prices for a superdrug box dye? NO I DIDN'T THINK SO......

Latest posts

Back