Embarrased no clients!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZOE!

Reaction score
Hello, i am renting out a chair in a salon, well i am supposed to be this week. The ladies in the salon advertised a small ad in the paper last week for four days, it was very small and it advertised their stuff and the other girls nails, silk and gel. Only one person called up asking for a rebalance over solar nails, she was going to call back but she didnt. The lady from the salon has very kindly said she will advertise again in the paper. But if its the same ad then i doubt there will be a response. What else can i do? everyone was expecting me to go off and work this week, but it aint happining. I feel i am not going to get anywhere. Any ideas? I was thinking of printing things up but dont have clue what to write.

Please help!

Hi there,

The main thing is to keep your chin up. I'm sure there are many tech's who have been in similar situations as you. The most effective advertisement is word of mouth so let everyone know about it and be proud!! m Make sure your own nails are immaculate and perhaps some catchy nail art to get people talking!

Try your local post office or shops just print up a list of services most people who have nails done know what they want.

Try and think where your future clients may gather. If a friend has kids at a local school ask her to mention it to some of the mums and if you get any bookings offer her a maicure in return.

Hope this helps

v xx

Hi

Have you thought about doing a couple of free sets of nails to ladies that work in the shops were you work. Then they are advertising your work and lots more people will see your beautiful work.

Vicky x

Do you know any Barmaids or ladies who work in shops? I have a couple of friends who work in bars and have offered to do their nails as I need the practice. I figure as they are taking money/ handing over change folk will notice their nails and ask where they had them done, so have given a stash of business cards to each. Not sure if it will work but I figured it was worth a go
HTH Good luck!
KxXx

Aw...:hug:...Sometimes it just takes time for people to know you are there. Chin up...you will get there! If you know anyone like the others suggested, who can wear your nails...that is an excellent idea. Get yourself down to a fete or something like that too...you could do a bit of nailart, file &polish, mini manis...just to try and get yourself noticed. There's loads of advice on this site.... I get all my ideas from here!!:lol: Goodluck babe!

Thanks girls, i guess it is word of mouth, i probably im expecting everyone to come running. But its only been last week that i have started advertising, so hardly anyone knows im there. I was thinking an advert saying now available creative nail technician, but the ladies just wrote nail offer creative/silk/gel. So its hardly anything to catch someones eye. Im going to spread the word and hand out my price lists when i get them printed out.

Thanks, but any other ideas are welcome, the more the better.

i think i saw someone say on here that the way they got clients is by having some really classy nail art which stood out. When people commented on it, she told them what she did and gave them her details. I think this would work, as people are always commenting on my nail art (Something i can do myself, shame im not trained yet to do my own nails completely!!!). Why dont you try that?!?!? you can have fun with your nails, and hopefully gain more clients out of it.

The other way is to advertise on Yell.com. apparently it is cheaper than yellow pages. And if your thinking about making an ad of your own, just tell people what you do, and make it eye catching!

You will be fine, once people know who you are and where you are they will come flooding!!!

HTH in some small way

How about you sit by the window and put up a sign around the salon and in the window if possible saying Shape & Paint £5.00. That way you'll be doing something and making a bit of money. Then word might spread that you're there.

Good luck. xxx

Thanks again, im definetly going to try these ideas ladies. I was thinking of the nail art thing. I did a pale purple permanent french using the mosaics yesterday, they are ok its just im not that good at doing my right hand. I have heard of people using the dried crushed flowers on their nails, is this easy to apply? and where is the best place to get them?

Oh my guess what, just had a call i have a client on friday, someone must have been watching over this thread eh! At least its a start.

Well done,

Told you, won't be long now!!

Sue on here does the flowers there is some in geekbay for sale at the moment
HTH

scatty is correct, sue'a web address is http://www.atyourfingertips.org.uk/service is super quick if she has stuff in stock, and she is always getting shed loads of new stuff in, you really have to watch your money!!

I am in the same position. I have advertised absoutely loads and have not had a client for ages. I know I am not great but I do take my time and do my best. My main problem is that I am in the Navy so do spend quite a bit of time away from home. Next year I am going out to the states for a year so hopefully I will get some more training out there.

Latest posts

Back