Empty pots for custom blended colours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vetty

Lost and happy geek!
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get empty pots for storing custom blended powders which I have made in? 2 were included in the Custom Blending Kit which I received today (and am very excited about!!) but I am thinking if I blend a colour for a client I can label the pot and put the recipe on the record card so I can store any leftover as well as recreate it easily...... But to do that I need empty pots....

Do you know where and how much??

Thanks Yvette

Yvette Willis said:
Does anyone know where I can get empty pots for storing custom blended powders which I have made in? 2 were included in the Custom Blending Kit which I received today (and am very excited about!!) but I am thinking if I blend a colour for a client I can label the pot and put the recipe on the record card so I can store any leftover as well as recreate it easily...... But to do that I need empty pots....

Do you know where and how much??

Thanks Yvette

OSNS sell just the thing, can't remember who much for though ....hth

Hi

You can get pots from Superdrug or Boots. I am also sure melle at www.allthingsnails.co.uk sells them

Hope this helps

i haven't used this 'custom blending kit' but the colours i have mixed before for clients from my metro and mosaic powders, i have kept in empty camera film pots. if you go into Boots or a photoprocessing shop - they'll give you as many as you need for free! Alternatively, on the high street, Boots sell little screw top travel pots - but the film cases are a much easier option and easily labelled with the 'ingredients' and/or client name.

Creative have their own little blending pots too ... I bought a tube of them for about £3 iirc but I noticed yesterday at Manchester they have half tubes too (I think about 5 pots in them) but I didnt see the price. They are perfect for storing your blends, glass with screw lids.

Hi Yvette

Nail Order sell lots of different ones:- clear, stacking, black lids, white lids etc. They also offer a discount if you buy 25 or more. Prices start from 30p.

www.nailorder.com

Snap Tickled Pink,I use empty Film cases too, free from boots ....the gave me the clear ones............. lable them with mix and clients name xxx
Cheap as chips

You lot are great!! Thanks ever so for the info.....

Yxx

I used to find that the clear film pots were the best and they are free!!!! However i dont use them now as i have found ezflow stunning premixed colours more than perfect .... o yes and there is over 80 to choose from!!! , the difficulty is choosing which one!!!

have to agree caroline

i did loads from the 'walk of fame' collection over christmas

i find that i have the same problem with pre-mixed powders as i do when i'm choosing a lipstick for a client.
i always seem to want to mix the colours further!
it's the perfectionist in me, i find that even though all the colours are wonderful, it's not the same as creating one yourself!
clients also are fasinated by the fact that they can watch you mix your powders & create something that is truly original & personalised for them.
that really is the whole point behind custom colour blending.
as an artist i would choose to have the primary & secondary colours on my palette from which i can make tertiary colours & tones of all of them when i want them.
it really is horses for courses i guess.
liza

I love my little film canisters, sorry Powder cases lol..............
Oh yes Liza, isn't it amazing how many different shades of pink one can have lol...and natural tones lol.......but I love matching the powders to a clients skin tone......and I have more off those than I have glitter mixes lol..............

Latest posts

Back