Enzyme developer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pancakes

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used an enzyme developer or heard about it? I just saw it in an Olaplex forum and I have never heard or seen it?
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1447604445.448491.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1447604498.250931.jpg

No I haven't I use Olaplex but never heard of that one yet I would have to do further research! What does it say it does exactly?

It says it replaces 50-80 volume! I think they use much higher vols in the States than the UK, I don't feel like I Would want or need to use it plus I Doubt it would be able to get sold in the UK due to stricter EU regs.

It says it replaces 50-80 volume! I think they use much higher vols in the States than the UK, I don't feel like I Would want or need to use it plus I Doubt it would be able to get sold in the UK due to stricter EU regs.
I'm from the US and don't like using anything more than 40 because I don't think you have to, but that's interesting I have to look into more!

As far as I know there are enzyme developers in lower strengths as well. Also this is supposed to be nothing new and has been there since the 70s. It seems to be more conditioning somehow and there seems to be less fading in colors..?

I'm not too sure about it! I like the way Olaplex helps with the regular 40 volume I don't feel it should be anything higher! But I've never tried!

They seem to depend on heat so that without heat they act like 10 vol. and with heat up to 40 vol. for instance. Hard to tell if that is reliable?!

I'm not sure if it can be reliable! I'm not even sure about the heat thing! Lol

Heat here in Germany is different than in the states... We mostly have wella's climazon we usually don't use a hood dryer so that is also giving a different amount of heat. Also caps are rarely used.

I have used the enzyme developer 20v gray busters... Thats the only one i'm familiar with and it works very well for stubborn gray hair.

I am an avid user of Trionics and love them! For example, with clay based lighteners, you are not going to get the level of lift most want for balayage techniques. With Higher and Higher (50-80) I get the lift, and in conjunction with Olaplex, none of the damage! Enzyme developers work much different than regular. To some it may be a very different concept, so here is some information....

1. Trionics is a line of marine-based enzyme developers that are universal meaning they work with all manufacturers' color lines and bleaches -- clay based and traditional.

2. There are a total of six for every level of lift and they're easy to use. Simply replace your current developer with one of the Trionics developers, the mixing ratios remain the same.

3. Heat is suggested (catalyzes the enzymes, accelerates the chemical reaction, cuts processing time in half) but not required. For example, with open air processing, clients will get all the same benefits from the enzymes without it, they'll just process at normal speed with body heat.

4. How do they work: The enzymes are smaller, more efficient molecules that apply far less pressure when under the cuticle layer (no explosion), therefore they're far safer, more gentle, and less damaging than regular peroxide developers. And the benefits? Stronger, healthier hair, more vibrant, lasting colors, a healthier scalp, less fade, all with consciousness to the overall health of the body.

5. Lift Thru 50 vol and Higher & Higher 50 - 80 vol are both violet-based, cream-based developers that eliminate the brassy tones, giving you gorgeous color. Both are brilliant for balayage, ombre etc to break through the gold band. Lift Thru (4-5 levels of lift) was specifically designed to be used on scalp or off. H&H (5-8 levels of lift) off scalp only.,

I am an avid user of Trionics and love them! For example, with clay based lighteners, you are not going to get the level of lift most want for balayage techniques. With Higher and Higher (50-80) I get the lift, and in conjunction with Olaplex, none of the damage! Enzyme developers work much different than regular. To some it may be a very different concept, so here is some information....

1. Trionics is a line of marine-based enzyme developers that are universal meaning they work with all manufacturers' color lines and bleaches -- clay based and traditional.

2. There are a total of six for every level of lift and they're easy to use. Simply replace your current developer with one of the Trionics developers, the mixing ratios remain the same.

3. Heat is suggested (catalyzes the enzymes, accelerates the chemical reaction, cuts processing time in half) but not required. For example, with open air processing, clients will get all the same benefits from the enzymes without it, they'll just process at normal speed with body heat.

4. How do they work: The enzymes are smaller, more efficient molecules that apply far less pressure when under the cuticle layer (no explosion), therefore they're far safer, more gentle, and less damaging than regular peroxide developers. And the benefits? Stronger, healthier hair, more vibrant, lasting colors, a healthier scalp, less fade, all with consciousness to the overall health of the body.

5. Lift Thru 50 vol and Higher & Higher 50 - 80 vol are both violet-based, cream-based developers that eliminate the brassy tones, giving you gorgeous color. Both are brilliant for balayage, ombre etc to break through the gold band. Lift Thru (4-5 levels of lift) was specifically designed to be used on scalp or off. H&H (5-8 levels of lift) off scalp only.,
Thank you for sharing. Very informative! I've had some breakage lately from using regulare 40v with my highlift color. I may try the higher and higher.

Thank you for sharing. Very informative! I've had some breakage lately from using regulare 40v with my highlift color. I may try the higher and higher.
I would try the Lift Thru first (50 vol) Its safe for the scalp, while Higher and Higher is recommended for off scalp applications :)

I would try the Lift Thru first (50 vol) Its safe for the scalp, while Higher and Higher is recommended for off scalp applications :)
Ok thank you

I'm from the US and don't like using anything more than 40 because I don't think you have to, but that's interesting I have to look into more!
When it comes to free hand application, it can help hugely achieve the same lift as foils would, and people who want a more platinum look can get it quicker, it's too bad I can't get my hands on some though, my mum would be a perfect guineapig!

Latest posts

Back