Epilation/electrolysis/blend hair removal-how popular?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparkleberry

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

Can anyne help me out here whether employed therapists or salon owners.....Im just trying to work out whether there is still a demand for these treatments esp considering lasers are fast becoming popular?

Many Thanks!xxx

Hi Everyone!

Can anyne help me out here whether employed therapists or salon owners.....Im just trying to work out whether there is still a demand for these treatments esp considering lasers are fast becoming popular?

Many Thanks!xxx

I use ipl in my salon but still do a lot of electrolysis, I find it best for facial hair and have fantastic results. Also there are many clients who are unsuitable for ipl due to medication taken etc. It also hleps being able to do electrolysis along with ipl as it can not treat white hair.

I do lots of electrolysis at my salon, and always have done. I did wonder a few years ago if laser/IPL treatments would mean less and less electrolysis work, but no, it's made little or no difference to me.
Electrolysis will always be popular on small areas of hairgrowth, usually on the face, as it's quick, relatively cheap per treatment (compared to laser/ILP) and needs no special preparation prior to treatment, such as avoiding UVA exposure or shaving the hair etc.
However, I would advise any client to look into laser/IPL if they were considering having large areas of hairgrowth treated, such as legs or abdomen.

Hi
I set up a home based salon about 2 months ago, I have always done electrolysis in previous salons I have worked in. I do quiet alot of electrolysis treatments and it is good but it doesn't work over night and it does take a while for the hairs to stop growing. I don't know too much on laser only what I have read in magazines and from other peoples experience's. Laser doesn't work on fine hairs where as electrolysis does. There is a salon in my area that does offer laser and it's amazing that so many people have laser and then come back to electrolysis over the years. I enjoy electrolysis and it is a gamble as to weather it will take off, it cost me a fair bit to start with but I really wanted to offer the treatment and it is working out really good.

Latest posts

Back