Essie gel - anyone tried it yet?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarbaraC

Reaction score
I bought a pastel one to try and it covers pretty well. I see the LED lamp is at an introductory price, but who needs yet another LED lamp??

Shame they are so late to the market....

Ooh I didn't know they were releasing a gel polish line! Interesting! Is this available in the UK then? xx

Yes, they are just rolling it out now - been about a week or two is all
:)

Where can you get it and what is it called?

I definitely want to keep an eye on this thread to see how it progresses. This product launched in the U.S. and our salon is interested in the line as well as its traditional polish line.

I would imagine that Essie launched their product late in the game to ensure that they put out something worthy of their name. Plus they're competing against Shellac and OPI Gelcolor.

Can't put out a piece of &%# against those two top contenders and expect to stay in the game.

Call me an idiot but found the Essie LED lamp at a great discount so I bought one - from the US, £115.00 and around £50 for the courier charges - I have a great deal of respect for the Essie brand and I am going to offer this next to my OPI's.

I've sen the UK lamp on Amazon in excess of £325 so it was a bit of a no brainer once I'd made up my mind!!

I'll keep it at home for a few days to test on family and friends and me of course and then it can get used on clients ;)

Where can you get it and what is it called?
You can see the colour range on the professional page of essie.com but not the LED lamp, I saw them on Amazon but the cheapest was the US site, beyond polish.com which is where I placed my order

I recently saw on facebook that the lady that founded Essie didn't believe in gels. .. until now!
If you believe in something stick to it, don't just jump on the bandwagon 3 years later

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I recently saw on facebook that the lady that founded Essie didn't believe in gels. .. until now!
If you believe in something stick to it, don't just jump on the bandwagon 3 years later

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

That's a bit of an oversimplification. Essie Weingarten has been an advocate for natural nail care and her line is dedicated to that; the line Essie does not have enhancements. When gel nails came out she felt that gel nails were like enhancements, fake, not natural nails. Over the past couple of years she was made to see (by her colleagues and the market!) that gel polish is natural nail care. So she developed her gel polish system to be in line with her philosophy of natural nails. I always liked the Essie rnp and I am looking forward to trying Essie Gel.

I say all that to encourage us to recognize and not slate (as you Brits say) the unique philosophies and focus that ground each of the different companies in the industry. CND is fashion forward and salon focused. OPI walks both the professional and the consumer sides of the street on all aspects of nail care, HNH Gelish is a enhancement and gel polish company that markets different lines to pros and consumers. The September Nails Magazine had a great series showing the growth of different companies. Each one of these companies has something unique to offer. I just think its's a great time to be in this biz!

I agree NancySyd, I admire Essie for waiting until they are confident in their system before releasing it - I'm always blown away by the Essie range, so professional and I am so glad that they are now entering the gel market. Collecting my Essie LED lamp on Monday, I can't wait!!

I am new with Essie Gel and I've encountered a problem.... After curing the color nighty nightie, the color changes to a cream instead of remaining a pink? Does anyone have the same issue or a solution?

They forgot the uv blocker lol! Try putting an extra layer of top coat that will help! Out of interest whats the removal time? Less than 10 mins or is it another hammer and chisel job?

Removal time is 10 mins! No bubffing... Same procedure as CND Shellac.

That's a bit of an oversimplification. Essie Weingarten has been an advocate for natural nail care and her line is dedicated to that; the line Essie does not have enhancements. When gel nails came out she felt that gel nails were like enhancements, fake, not natural nails. Over the past couple of years she was made to see (by her colleagues and the market!) that gel polish is natural nail care. So she developed her gel polish system to be in line with her philosophy of natural nails. I always liked the Essie rnp and I am looking forward to trying Essie Gel.

I say all that to encourage us to recognize and not slate (as you Brits say) the unique philosophies and focus that ground each of the different companies in the industry. CND is fashion forward and salon focused. OPI walks both the professional and the consumer sides of the street on all aspects of nail care, HNH Gelish is a enhancement and gel polish company that markets different lines to pros and consumers. The September Nails Magazine had a great series showing the growth of different companies. Each one of these companies has something unique to offer. I just think its's a great time to be in this biz!

Us British if you don't mind. Brit is a slang term and one I do not wish to hear. And don't put all us ""Brits"" in the same box.

Last edited:
I think you're getting a bit carried away. Brit is an abbreviation. How many programmes do you see on TV with the word "Brit" in it? It's not derogatory in the least. Why would you be offended?

By the way. When you listen, you "hear". Not "here".

I think you're getting a bit carried away. Brit is an abbreviation. How many programmes do you see on TV with the word "Brit" in it? It's not derogatory in the least. Why would you be offended?

By the way. When you listen, you "hear". Not "here".

Thankyou for that. Didn't check the spelling before I posted. 😃

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back