Estée Lauder lands a beauty with Smashbox

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Hat

Reaction score
Following a string of beauty takeovers, which has seen Essie purchased by L’oréal recently, commercial heavyweight Estée Lauder has snapped up US makeup brand Smashbox with ambitions to expand the brand both in the US and overseas.

Adding to its extensive portfolio, which includes Bobbi Brown and Clinique, the company believes that by acquiring Smashbox it will reach a generation of new, younger customers.

Smashbox, which was founded in 1996 by Davis Factor and Dean Factor, great-grandsons of Hollywood cosmetics legend Max Factor, prides itself on providing film-grade products and has become a hit with consumers and professionals alike.
Across the pond it has established itself as one of the best-selling make-up brands and in the UK has gained a strong fanbase thanks to QVC, where it is one of the shopping channel’s top sellers.

William P. Lauder, Executive Chairman of The Estée Lauder Companies, says, “One of the enduring strengths of The Estée Lauder Companies is our ability to identify brands with unique positioning and nurture those brands to accelerate their momentum and realize their full growth potential.”

“The Estée Lauder Companies is the ideal home for Smashbox,” adds Dean Factor, co-founder and Chief Executive Officer of Smashbox Beauty Cosmetics. “We expect to benefit greatly from The Estée Lauder Companies’ extensive knowledge in product development, operational execution, and international marketing and distribution, and we look forward to the next great period of growth for the brand.”

Attachments

• main_272.jpg
    main_272.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 85
Wow. we'll soon see one stop estee lauder shops soon!

Is it true Estee Lauder maek Marks & Spencers makeup / moisturisers etc... A client mentioned it to me yday...

I buy smashbox from Just Beauty Direct which sells it cheaper. I think the products are fab. debenhams here in Leeds sell Smahsbox and also Bare Minerals
Mac is distributed by Estee Laurder

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back