Ever had a treatment and thought, really?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cfp1980

Reaction score
I'm away on holiday so treated myself to a Spa Find back treatment including a massage..but the massage wasn't really a massage, I felt no benefit and wasn't relaxed and the therapist yawned when she sat above my head to do my shoulders!! The room was cold with the air con on so when she was cleansing my back I was shivering and the lights weren't dimmed at all...just really disappointed but i felt too embarrassed to say anything :( x

Yes i have had a few. Booked into a salon for a facial not cheap at £75, and i was in and out within 25 mins. Worse facial ive ever had, think they let the Saturday girl do it. I also went for a gelish polish, and the nail tech took my varnish off with an old hand towel !! not a cotton pad in sight, used the same towel for the whole treatment, in fact she had been using the same towel all day. We all try and save money but that was the worse ive ever experienced. Good thing is when you experience a bad treatment you realize how good you are.

I've had my nails done for an event and the free edges were all mismatched. That's the only time I've said something there and then, as it was a gift for a special occasion and I would rather see THAT look on the therapist's face than my mother's for having paid for that mess!

A friend of mine swore he would never have another massage after how much the last one hurt. I have since changed his mind and he's my best client (in fairness, at the moment, between moving back from Devon and buying a house, he's my ONLY massage client lol)

I don't think I have ever had a 'good' treatment. They have always been hugely disappointing!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I came out hugely disappointed - I never get the chance to treat myself and it was supposedly a "spa"! I did however put it down to market research - the only thing that impressed me was their electric couch - I want one!!! Lol x

I've only ever had one treatment which was truly wow but unfortunately I think the salon is now owned by someone else as I returned for the same thing a few weeks ago and it was rubbish. My OH had treated me and I felt bad that he had wasted his money....I didn't dare tell him though lol

So where are all the wonderful therapist like us?! :D

I was given a spa day and treatment for my birthday at Bannatyne hotel. The actual day was lovely but the massage was horrendous! 45 minutes of agony! I was constantly asking the therapist for less pressure. In the end I made an excuse that I needed the bathroom just skin could get out!

The Nail Den
"Salon luxury, within home comforts"

I hate painful massages too, but this didn't feel like a massage more like just rubbing oil into my back - was waiting for her to ask me if the pressure was okay so I could tell her to be more firm but she didn't - I was probably her last client though so to be fair to her she had probably had enough, was tired and couldn't be bothered!!!! Lol really wish I had said something, as you don't expect poor quality like that in a so called
Spa xx

Gosh where do I start;
Went to a very high class nail salon - cnd master techs etc
Offering gold silver and bronze services for enhancements
Went for the silver - had a sculpted set of pink and whites, smiles lines were uneven, nails far too long and they were as thin as paper / I broke 2 before I even got home ( wasn't cheap)

So from there I went to another salon ( I had being going to nss salons so was trying to get away from them ) so went and had a fresh new set, they were lumpy, odd shapes, product touching cuticle - and then when she did the white tip she painted it on, I waited for her to clean the smile line- she never did so I looked like a 5 year old had done my nails - they lifted the next day and all came off

Had a nail polish on a spa day, more like a cuticle polish !!!!!

Had an Indian head massage at another spa, all I got was a head full of oil in my bum length hair and some therapist gently tugging at my hair and tapping on my forehead for an hour!!!!

Had another India massage last week ( I have lots of hair so my scalp loves to be touched) £45 for what was advertised as an hour and was instead 30 mins, again a little rub and pull of my hair and that was it !!!! Never again

Had a home massage - 1hour hot stones; firstly she stands there watching me get undressed ( uncomfortable) she rabbits on the whole time and was quite clearly mad as a fish, I'm quite a robust lady when it comes to pain thresh hold but she killed me - I didn't invite her back

Oh and the lash extensions - 4 times now
1st - stuck eyes together - looked like spiders, I had to cut when she left, so painful, got removed next day

2nd - looked like daisy the cow - sooooo bad ( 16mm I think ) I said I didn't want too long - painful full too

3rd - advertised as individual were actually express looked lovely though until after 5 months i went bald and lashes took forever to grow back

4th - not bad but used j curls, I have quite lazy eyes - j curls do not suit me!!!!

So now I've managed to find Emily case for my nails and will never go anywhere else
And as for other treatments - never again

Wow!! You've had some bad luck!!! lol.

This was advertised as 45 mins but I didn't expect it to be 45 mins as it said in fine print that included time for consultation and paying for the treatment...I went in at 4.50 and came out at 5.20 and that included me getting dressed and undressed!

I believe that a good therapist does a treatment to the level that they expect as a client. Xx

I had an awful Hollywood wax before, I mean it's supposed to hurt a little but wow that was painful! I could tell it was some cheap old warm wax.

Sarah xo

I've never enjoyed going somewhere for a treatment either,but I think a lot of it is my own fault, in fairness. I just sit/lie there thinking "you're doing that wrong/ are you seriously gonna put that there? / Go wash your hands,please wash your hands,ok any minute she's going to wash her hands" Aaaaggghhh its torture, so I don't bother now!
Often when I'm giving a massage, I think, I would love this massage!! This pressure, these moves,this pace,this music,smell,lighting etc.
If only we could treat ourselves!!! Lol :)

Sent from my HUAWEI Y330-U01 using SalonGeek mobile app

I wanted to promote lash extensions so I paid about £65 for Lash Perfect extensions at a professional beauty show last year by an expert. By the time I got home, they were coming out 5 at a time, before the end of a week I had about 2 lashes left! I took care of them, didn't rub my eyes, didn't use mascara, didn't use waterproof makeup remover etc. But they were falling out daily, looking uneven and did not last at all. I was so disappointed and angry. I definitely will NEVER buy a product from that company again. I can't imagine what quality of glue was used, it was simply ridiculous. I use other brands of glue and my clients come back a month later or more and still have many lashes intact. So much for going to a trade show and expecting the best!

I had hd brows done at pro beauty this year and they are shocking. Totally uneven, my thicker brow is now my much thinner brow! She was saying she was leaving some on the other side so I can grow them out to match. They matched before, I have a salon and brows is my most popular treatment so I know mine are right.
I have to really powder them in now :(

And it was £35!

Ever had a burnt nunny? Not nice! :Scared:

I don't think I ever had a bad treatment but, min you, that's because I never really go :p I usually do things myself. Now I'm grateful for my employee who is amazing and can do my treatments for me :)

The reason I switched to Esthetics after I finished my 2nd year of Nursing is because of an AMAZING therapist!
A friend had treated me to a spa day and I had one lovely therapist for all 3 of my services. She was polite, professional, took her time and made the whole thing About me. Even when I wanted to chat her up on her life she would end up steering the service towards relaxation.
I got out of her treatment room after she send me to heaven with the facial and I wowed to myself that I can that good.
Haven't ever had a treatment after that worth mentioning :(
Every time I work on my clients I hope I am making them feel as good as she made me.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

yep, I went for a Hollywood because my boss was raving about how great the girls in the salon across town was (I soon found out by great she meant fast). Shes a hairdresser and Im the only beauty therapist so struggle to find someone to do my waxing. ANYWAY, was the most painful thing ever. She did the whole top with strip wax. About 2 or 3 full strips.. then one giant hot wax strip down each side. YES ONE GIANT STRIP pulled 3 times to get it all off. Was so sore when I got home I had a look with a mirror and she'd ripped my skin off! Didn't have the heart to go back and say it to her even though everyone kept telling me to! I'm not the type to complain.

This is an old thread but it's made interesting reading!

I must have some good therapists near me or be lucky because I've had some fab treatments.

I've had massages so relaxing I've fallen asleep what with the smell of the oils etc - she was calling me gently to wake up but I was sound lol

And some lovely facials and eye treatments - and amazing smelling products!

The worst one was waxing but that wasn't her fault, she came highly recommended by several but I reacted and looked like a plucked chicken for nearly 3 weeks by which time you could feel hairs coming through again so I think it's not for me lol!

Oh now I think of it, I had a manicure once in a hair salon (in my pre-nail days) - she literally did it, polish included, while I was having my blow dry[emoji33] so there were bits of hair stuck on the wet polish! I took it all off when I came home!

Latest posts

Back