Everything falls off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natalie2186

Reaction score
Ok so I had been going to the same place for years never had an issue with lifting EVER! Ended up with an infection in my finger and had to switch places after the owners took no responsibility for what happened.finally healed and have tried everything , IBD GEL, acrylic, powder gel, and dips(next gen) literally everything is popping right off. I wear my nails very short and in less than two weeks spent over $100 in one salon alone. Without enhancements I'm a nail biter but with I'm just fine..... but I can't get anything to stay. I take biotin but other than that nothing else. I've had people tell me it's because I have "oily" nail beds and also small nail beds, but why is it only the previous place was able to keep nails on me? I really don't want to go back there! Help please

There can be various reasons for this... I had a client for 15+years with no problems & then all of a sudden terrible lifting, "popping off" etc that went on for a few months & then fine again, I didn't do anything different, nor did she, quite bizarre! You say you are only taking biotin, is this something new or have you been taking it a while? Also hormonal changes have a lot to answer for too, is there a chance you could be pregnant?

I wouldn't be surprised if they were using methyl methacrylate on you because it is cheap. This acrylic isn't and shouldn't be used for nails but you can get in online. Popular brands fakes on eBay etc. Then anything else in comparison wouldn't stay as well.
I don't want to offend you in any way but there may be another problem which is very common. Often nail biters have problem with picking dirt from underneath nails, biting surrounding skin and keeping fingers in the mouth even if enchantments stops them from biting. It is often something they don't even realise they are doing but it affects wear as nail plate is affected by saliva.
There are also some health related issues and medications that may affect adhesion of product to the nail so it would be worth checking as well.

I would suggest giving you nails a good break. Go to buy some decent cuticle oil which will help feed your cuticles and help to heal your skin and nails.
Keep cuticle nipper and file all over the places. Most times the sudden break or tear in the nail instigates an urge to bite your nails. Eliminating this will be less areas to bit on if that makes sense.

I might say some advise here is spot on; I had a friend who was perfect with gel nails when she was pregnant : they lifted and she had not had lifting before!
So just to keep that in mind.

Also your health effects the nails like being on antibiotics or being sick.
Also a chronic nail buyer I had one client who is or can't stop and her nails just didn't last well and this was due to her still for lack of better word "sucking or having nails in her mouth".
She was not really conscience of this , so just try keep all this in mind.

Latest posts

Back