Experience in gel but no qualification - insurance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michR

Reaction score
Hello all

I have 4 years experience in a salon and have a hnd qualification in beauty, currently working in a salon but looking to go self employed therefore need to sort out my own insurance.

I have additional qualifications in intimate waxing, threading, lash extenaions, billion dollar brow and environ but but my gel polish and spray tanning course were all done in house at my last salon, I didn't go on an external course

Are these both covered in a normal beauty therapist insurance and can anyone recommend any companies ?

I have also completed caci training at my current salon but worried I won't be covered in the salon insurance, my hnd did include electrical facials one being antiaging similar to caci so will this we ample?

Many thanks for your help

You may not be required to take additional courses. It's entirely up to each individual insurance company whether they are willing to cover all your treatments. Some will and some won't but there are a lot of insurers out there.

It's likely that having a generic beauty HND plus in-house training and subsequent experience will be deemed adequate.

Ring around and get some quotes initially and ask for confirmation in writing that they will cover all your intended treatments. Probably no point paying for several additional short courses if you don't really need them.

You will probably find that caci is covered as it's just a brand name that comes under electrical facial treatments,however if you didn't do gel nails or tanning as part of your qual, in house training that isn't supported by an accredited certificate won't be insurable,reason being they can't ascertain the quality of the i house training if it hasn't been accredited by a recognised body/company.x

Latest posts

Back